jungkook was about to speak again but was cut off when he heard the door from his office open, his sleepy husband coming into view.

"jungkookie?"

jiyeon, sunoo and the other employees were internally crying and shouting in glee - they were now saved from the ceo's wrath. taehyung would always save them from jungkook's scolding - on purpose and sometimes unknowingly like now - plus everytime the brunette was in the company, the ceo would definitively be in a good mood.

jungkook was quick to wrap his husband around his arms who sleepily smiles and hums, obviously still in a sleepy state. "jiyeon, deliver the papers in my office" he turns to his secretary before heading back inside the office with the pregnant male and not uttering another word.

jiyeon and sunoo let out a breath, the assistant secretary slumping down on the chair and putting a hand over his chest. "i'm sweating so much. what the hell is that newbie's problem? we're the one's getting scolded."

the older only chuckles, lightly flicking sunoo's forehead before she also sat back on his desk and starts to print the files their boss was asking. "you're still a newbie too. get back to work."

*

"you shouldn't scold jiyeon and sunoo" taehyung mumbled with a small yawn, head snuggling in the crook of the older's neck and now back seated comfortably on his husband's lap as jungkook sat them on the sofa.

"i didn't scold them, i just had to correct" the older replied and pressing a kiss on the brunette's temple. "it was an act of neglect on her part as my secretary. i'm aiming that she would learn from it, do better and not let the same mistake happen."

taehyung hummed and nods at this in understanding. "that employee... don't you remember him?" he then asked now more awake, a finger mindlessly tracing on the older's clothed chest.

"is he a person that i should know?" jungkook asks with a brow lightly raised as he glanced at the other confused making the younger lightly giggle.

"he was the staff that approached you that one time... during my photoshoot" taehyung informed watching jungkook stare at him, face still in confusion before his lips formed a small frown.

"ahh, that staff..." the ceo murmurs towards the end.

"i heard things about him from seojoon... but i don't know... he said it was still just rumours" taehyung says lightly frowning as he realized that the certain employee was now here in the jeon corporation working for his husband. "is he now permanently working here? i mean reporting here in the building?"

"yeah, i had the hr team handle the employees and i guess he was one of the chosen to be reporting here in the main office seeing he's here" jungkook replied. "which reminds me, mister kwanghee presented your schedule earlier and that you agreed to do all the projects"

taehyung nods his head and smiles. "i decided to just do it all, i mean i think i'll be able to finish them all with this month or just before my second trimester so..." he explained but the other lightly frowns.

"don't you think the work load is too much?" jungkook states, still not keen on the younger's decision.

despite him voicing out many times that the brunette should decline at least half of it due to his pregnant state. in the end he let taehyung have the final decision but still, he isn't a hundred percent agreeing with him.

"i'll be fine, kookie. i also checked the endorsements and it was jewelry and perfume, it won't be as tiring compared to shoots that involves clothes or other fashion items." taehyung explained in hope to persuade his husband.