I shouldn't have taken a leave of absence, as it changed nothing. I had taken a leave after the fight between me and Aubrey, a staff member, and I knew she would keep tempting me. I hope I will keep my cool next time.

I really don't know what her problem is with me. The fact that I've been silent and ignorant to all she does didn't mean I was stupid.

That day, I couldn't just hold myself back, so I had to be physical. There are many reasons why I should resign from this company, but the one reason I have to stay is very strong. Besides, finding a good-paying job like this is hard, so I have no other choice but to keep working here.

The feeling of their hate isn't foreign because I was treated the same way in high school. The girls in my class hated me because of my physique.

They refused to hang out with me because I wasn't blonde like them, I had thick thighs and hips, I wasn't white like them; instead, I have dark skin, and so many other reasons best known to them.

In other words, I didn't have many friends. It was different in university because I had a roommate, Ava, who's also my best friend. She always comforted me and told me not to feel insecure about my body; they didn't hate me because I was ugly or anything; they were plainly envious of my body.

I figured that out when one of my course mates blamed me for her boyfriend breaking up with her. I knew the guy had something for me, despite being in a relationship, but I never once glanced his way.

She told me that because of me, she spent a huge amount of money to get her body done so she could have the kind of hips and ass I have, and her boyfriend would come back to her. I found her ideology stupid because she was a pretty girl, and if the guy didn't like her as she loved him, then he wasn't the right one; instead, she went to get surgery to be like me.

A knock on my door cut me off from my thoughts, and I looked up to find Mrs. Paisley, my boss.

"Mrs. Paisley," I got up to greet her, and she strode towards me happily with a smile and hugged me.

"I'm glad you're back, sweetie; how was your leave?"

"It was good, ma'am, thank you so much, and I promise it won't happen again." She held my hands in hers and smiled sadly at me.

"I know how you feel, sweetie; I know it must be hard trying to tolerate them. If they make you feel uncomfortable, you can always make a report." She sympathized, and I shook my head with a sad smile and pulled my hands away from hers.

"Don't worry about me, ma'am; I can handle myself."

"I know you can, Camila, but just let me know; it was hard getting Henry to let you keep working here. Who knows if something like this happens again...

"I promise, it wouldn't." I spoke softly, trying to hold back my tears.

Henry is Mrs. Paisley's husband; they both run the company. Although Mrs. Paisley likes me, her husband doesn't; he is part of the people who treat me unfairly.

Yes, he is naturally arrogant, rude, and always brooding, but at least he responds to other people's greetings and doesn't pick on them intentionally; he is different towards me.

After the fight that day, he wasn't willing to listen to my side, he was quick to put all the blame on me, ready to fire me, but thanks to Mrs. Paisley.

"I know you just got back, honey, but we are supposed to have a meeting with one of our investors; unfortunately, he can't come, and we need a representative to go to his company, so I chose you." My eyes expanded in surprise, and I shook my head in disagreement.

"Me?" She nodded with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Yes, you, Camila; you have to prepare yourself; the meeting is by 7 pm; I'm sorry it's late, but that's the only time his assistant could make out for us." She passed an apologetic smile. The time wasn't the issue here; it's the fact that I'm the representative, and I was getting the information so late.

"Mrs. Paisley, I don't think I can do this; besides, Mr. Paisley wouldn't want me to; Aubrey can go." I tried persuading her, and she stubbornly disagreed with me.

"My husband may be the CEO, but don't forget that I am still the sole owner of Paisley Fashion House." She spoke with finality, and I sighed, knowing I couldn't argue with her decision.

"Alright, Mrs. Paisley." She clapped her hands and smiled excitingly.

"Don't worry, Camila; I know you can do it; after all, you are my smart and talented girl." She told me and left.

I sighed and slumped into my chair, feeling exhausted. It hadn't even been a full day since I returned to work, and I was already drained. Realizing I knew nothing about the company I was supposed to visit, I decided to seek out Paula, Mrs. Paisley's assistant. I hope she can provide me with some much-needed information and guidance.

 I hope she can provide me with some much-needed information and guidance