Chapter 3: Centers/Ancestors

Continuation of Chapter 2...

Jack rubbed his neck, turning his back on the other guardians. "after three hundred years, this is his answer? To spend eternity cooped up in some—some hideout like you guys thinking of new ways to bribe kids? No, no" He waved his hand, no shaking his head turning to Mim towards him "that's not for me," then he turns to the guardians "no offense."

This made Bunny offended knowing how this works, Summer tried to stop him. "how-how is that not offensive? You know, I think we just dodged a bullet. What does this clown know about bringing joy to kids?"

"Ever heard of a snow day?" He asked Bunny, "I know it's an easy-boiled egg, but kids like what I do."

"But none of them believe in you, do they? See, you're invisible mate, it's like you don't even exist."

"Bunny!" Summer scolded him.

"No. The Kangaroos right."

"The--the what? I'm not a kangaroo mate." He got close to Jack as the two faced the other.

"Oh and this whole time I thought you were if you're not a kangaroo what are you?" Jack asked.

"Boys, that is enough!" Summer tried to scold them getting them apart.

"I'm a bunny, the Easter bunny people believe in me," Bunny said in Jacks' face lowered tone.

Jack could only look at him with a smile on his face as though it didn't strike him when it did he tried to hide it. Sandy nudged Summer and she knew exactly what to do.

"Come on Jackson." She took him away somewhere to speak to him alone.

"Boy someone is a hot head." He said walking around.

"Jack that was very uncalled for to start it."

"It's not my fault summer it's what I do." He told her.

"Can you at least try to be a little decent for once? That's all I ask."

He sighed thinking to look at her afterward, for her he'd do anything as this was rare for him since he likes to be mischief and not listening to anybody. "Alright, alright I will."

"So what bugs me is if Mim chose you what is your center?"

"My--my what?" He asked curiously what she means by his center.

Summer was starting to freeze in the Arctic where it was freezing cold not for a guardian in the summer. It was silent between the two when he looked at her.

"You--you're dying..." He said concerned.

"Dont--don't worry about me, some people are just worth melting for." She smiled "I'll be fine."

Jack now got worried about her she was his only friend like he knew her before to let her die again that wasn't going to happen also the seasons would collapse and winter cannot function without Summer.

"No, I'm--I'm not letting you freeze cause of me." Jack flew behind her starting to frost her wings gently.

"No," she moved away turning to face him "I'm fine Jack really."

"I'm not taking no for an answer." He lifted his hands concentrating focusing as a blue glow shined frosting her wings for eternity "so that it's a blanket to keep the warmth in." He realized then smiled "I think you found your center."

"And that is?" She wondered what he was on about.

"Happiness, you brought happiness isn't that what summer does?" He asked with a smile.

Smiling she thought of something and looked at jack "can you make it back by yourself?"

Summer flew off to burgess as her wings now had hexagon shape of Jacks winter powers she flapped them and heard talking.

"Jamie!" She called for him.

He came down and knew this wasn't good.

"Yeah, mom?"

"We need to talk..." the mom said to Jamie.

"About?" He asked.

She sighed wondering how to put this. "About your ancestor who is a distant cousin of yours."

Jamie was taken aback by this as his mom told him summer saw him run to his room upset while his mom facepalmed, a soft sigh escaped as she flew to his window coming in.

"Cecilia..." He asked. "You here?"

She looked and smiled weakly, her eyes were in tears a bit as she made a flower come to him blowing it, making a sign that she's there as her warmth came up.

"A Lily?" Jamie asked his voice broke a bit looking at the flower them around hoping to see her "please... show yourself to me."

She then drew on his window as petals of her form on the window, it read believe.

Jamie watched wondering and then decided to go with it as he began to believe in her all the happiness he's had so far the summer breaks of no school thanks to her, Cecilia stood there watching with a smile knowing he would see her soon.

"Hello, Jamie." She said trying not to cry.

"Cecilia..." He was shocked seeing his distant cousin

"Hi..." She waved.

It was hard for the two but she stayed as it was bedtime for him, Jack was told to go to the north pole but he faked it and had been following her, she told Jack what happened and now the two of them stood to watch over Jamie asleep until it was time to go, looking at her little brother it was a lot different up close.

She thought she was alone, no family, friends with the team but that was all for a family as she looked at Jack. Nodding the two left back to the pole not knowing that Pitch was there at the Tooth Palace, but she had a sense that he was around like a sixth sense of danger that's what caused her and Jack to head to Tooth Palace knowing he was there.

"They're taking the teeth..." Summer said as Jack flew beside her keeping airborne.

With Pitch taking the teeth she didn't know why as one of the horses were about take baby Tooth the both of them took her well one of them did as Jack held her in his hand. Summer glared looking at all the attack, she knew he was up to something.