Once my eyes met him I felt my lungs constrict. He looked so livid. He looked as if he could break my neck in half in a second without feeling remorse.

There wasn't anything but evil in those dark eyes that I have learned to fear.

"I thought we were doing better." His expression transformed into a dejected blank face. I knew that was never good. Antonio wasn't one to wear his emotions on his face but I could always somewhat tell what he was feeling.

Right now, I had no clue.

"You were behaving so well." He continued.

"I know...I'm sorry ple-" Antonio cut me off once again with the deadliest look I have ever seen on his face.

"But you're so stubborn and naive. You think you can leave me? I thought you learned your lesson the first time you tried."

The awful; memories of our honeymoon forced their way into my mind and my nails dug into my stomach to suppress my fear.

"I've been good Antonio I was just going to get something in here." I attempted to lie.

The bag on my shoulder said otherwise.

"I swear." I timidly added under my breath.

But I knew he didn't believe me. Antonio knows every detail about me. He knows what I'm feeling whenever. It also didn't help that I was practically shaking like an electric toothbrush.

"Who the hell do you think is going to believe that?"

"I've been good. I've been good. I swear I've been good." I repeated like a broken record, twitching like a mad woman.

"Apparently you haven't love. You've been taking medication without my permission. Plotting to leave me. Hiding so much...you've been so naughty."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at his statement.

"I'm not stupid Drea. You know this. You think I don't know what happens under my roof."

"What do you mean.."

I hope he isn't talking about what I think he is.

"I know about those birth control pills, Drea. I know about all the shit you hide under our mattress."

I could feel my heart literally drop at his revelation.

Of course, he did. I am so so so so stupid. How in the hell could I hide something under our mattress? I make the bed every time we change the sheets but he could still figure it out nonetheless.

I was smarter than this, way smarter. But being with Antonio has not only psychically affected me but mentally affected me.

I felt so stupid at this moment and I knew that being with Antonio has made my consciousness deteriorate.

"I have yet to read that little journal of yours but I bet it's gonna piss me the fuck off, no?"

I couldn't even breathe.

"You are just so goddamn stubborn. And so, so stupid."

The insults he was spewing my way were the least of my concerns as he knew about the pills I'd been taking.

But my biggest question was why he allowed me to take them.

"My Sweet girl...it's adorable how smart you think you are. And you're brave too, I'll give you that. But I am always one step ahead of you, even when you don't know it."

I was finally beginning to put the pieces together and understand what he was saying.

"No." 

There was no way. There was simply no way that the man I once loved could stoop this low.

Girl On The RunOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara