Chapter 37

Jamie POV
I felt less mad in the morning. Girls were just being stupid. I'd figure it out. They'd lose interest or something when they realized my dad may be rich and famous, but I certainly am not.

At least Dad didn't ask too many question about what I was going to do with my friends.

School sucked. It wasn't much better than the day before. Girls who didn't even know I existed kept coming up to me and trying to talk. But they'd always wind up asking about my dad. It got tedious.

"Hi Jaime," Madison Keller said to me in the cafeteria after Geography. Madison was the Queen bitch in our school.

"I'm surprised you know my name," I said to Madison.

"Oh Jaime. You're funny. How did I not know how funny you are?" She asked, sitting next to me in the cafeteria.

"Probably because this is maybe the second time you've spoken directly to me in two years? And the first time was to tell me to get out of your way."

"Don't be silly, Jaime. We've talked a ton of times."

"No, Madison, we haven't. Working on a geography activity in class doesn't count. Especially when your contribution is to ask which lipstick looks better on you."

"You make me sound so selfish, Jaime," she said, running her finger up my arm. I frowned. I hate fake people.

"Madison let me get this out of the way, so you don't embarrass yourself any further. Yes, my dad is Pete Wentz. No I didn't know until after my mom died. And no. I will not get you tickets or introduce you to them."

"You don't have to be such an asshole, Jaime."

"And you don't have to be such a bitch. Yet here we are," I snarked back at her.

She stood up, flipped her hair and left. Emmanuel and Justin came over and sat down.

"Was that Madison Keller creepin' up on my boy?" Emmanuel asked, putting his lunch tray down.

"That was Madison," I admitted. Emmanuel passed me my tray. He'd picked up my lunch since I didn't have a free hand.

"Madison Keller doesn't usually come over to this side of the cafeteria," Justin said. "When are you taking her out?"

"I'm not," I said, picking at the tater tots on my tray.

"Dude! Madison fucking Keller and you're not taking her out."

"Can you think of a single reason Madison Keller, who as you said would never come over to this side of the cafeteria, would come over and talk to me?  Just one reason."

"She likes you?" Justin said, sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes.

"It's not impossible, bro," Emmanuel said.

"What isn't?" Frank asked, sitting down.

"Madison Keller was talking with our boy here," Justin said, putting his arm around my shoulders. I pushed him off me.

"Was she. You gonna hit that up?" Frank asked me.

"No, I am not going to 'hit that up'," I said. I was starting to regret my choice to hang out. Maybe I'd ask Dad to pick me up early.

Frank make a "tsk" noise.

I rolled my eyes. I wasn't explaining this again.

We ate lunch and I let them know I'd be able to hang out today.

"Thought your dad wanted you home," Frank said, stealing a tater tot.

"I told him I wanted to hang out. He's not so bad," I admitted.