Chapter 1. Meeting Alex Mercer

Start from the beginning

As Izuku fell closer to the ground, the surroundings began to move slower. Like the Gods were making sure he see what he had chosen.

 With the time slowing down he looked around and saw people began to panic as they saw him falling, some froze and some ran to find a nearby hero.

He smiled sadly. If they only knew that he was quirkless. They would just continue to what they were doing and ignore him like every else in his class does.

 Hell, his classmates would even be happy when they found out that the  quirkless freak jumped off the building. They would celebrate and make it a holiday.

Only a couple of feet 'till he hits the ground, he closed his eyes seemingly accepting his fate and waited to the impact...

-----------------------------------------------

"Where are you, Izuku?" Inko Midoriya said as he looked at the clock on the wall. Her son should have been home an hour ago and she is getting worried. Izuku is not the type of student that will stay out late or hang out with his friends (unknowing to her that Izuku had no friends since he was quirkless).

'Maybe there was a villain attack on his way home? And he watched the hero fight?' that thought didn't really help in making her feel relieved that her baby hadn't come home yet. 

Ever since Izuku was diagnosed as quirkless and saw how her son felt depressed about not having a quirk, she became protective and paranoid about her son's safety and well-being. Though she doesn't admit it but she knows that Izuku had became distant and she couldn't blame him. Who wouldn't?  After she apologized to him when he asked him if he can be a hero like All Might instead of supporting Izuku's dream, she wouldn't be surprised if she found out that his son jumped off a building.

And that thought made her even more nervous. 'What am I thinking?! Calm down, Inko!!' 

A ring on the telephone jolted her out of her thoughts. She didn't know why but she felt scared of answering the call. 'Please be Izuku. Please be Izuku.'

Inko took a deep breath to calm herself failing miserably then shakily picks up the phone and answered the call. "H-hello? Mi-Midoriya Residence, I-Inko Midoriya speaking..."

------------------------------------------------

Izuku was surprised as he open his eyes. He was not falling anymore but he was lying down on the floor. He didn't feel the impact of the fall which confused him. 'Is that the feeling of dying? Who would've thought death could be painless?'

He stood up and took a look around his surroundings. He was standing on a building rooftop with debris and surprisingly blood and guts everywhere that almost made him threw up. Almost. The sky was grey and it was raining but he wasn't getting wet. Some buildings were burning and some collapsed. The place looked like there was a war that happened and it looked like no one had survived-- or that's what he thought.

"So we finally meet." the voice made Izuku jump in surprise. He looked at the direction of the voice and saw the owner of the voice. There a man was facing away from Izuku that slowly turned to look at his direction. He was looking at Izuku from up and down with narrowed eyes. Studying Izuku and it made him take a step back.