Chapter 10.0

The sun was setting and beautiful colours were in the sky. The hours they spent traveling were quiet and not much happened. Travellers and merchants were along the road as they paid no mind besides a formal bow to the princes as they passed. People here seemed really nice compared to the people "outside" as they said. They were always too busy on their phones and had no trust to look at anyone. The day before while shopping, they were all warmly greeted, though Raine suspected it was because the princes were present. They didn't get anything knowing that the boys would end up buying it for them. Raine and Zander picked out a wonderful italian styled restaurant they had supper at last night too. They all slept well and went to the same cafe for breakfast and they had three carateens prepared, one for the boys, one for the girls but one was just for her, she almost cried she was so happy. Nothing was going to ruin her day with that much coffee in her system.  Though they had stopped a few times to have a break and water the horses, the boys said they were almost at the capital.  With so much farm land surrounding them now she suspected as much. Also the wall they pasted about an hour ago was another marker for her. "So is there a way we should act in front of the king?" Arianna broke the silence. "It's not like we are around royalty at home, so we don't have the experience. Unless you want me to give the girls a run down of what I read in books which I bet, would be highly exaggerated." 

"You all can act as you are. My father already knows that you won't have much royal experience. He is not such a harsh monarch that he will ask you to be perfect." Xavier raised his voice from the front. "Plus it will all make sense in due time, he will more likely just introduce himself and our mother, answer some questions and then show you to your rooms. He won't want to assault you with a lot of information tonight." 

Arianna nodded. Raine was kind of nervous to meet an actual King and Queen. "None of you have to be too nervous. The people will make a fuss when we make the announcement, but until then, you are honored guests to the royal family." Landon spoke out. "Though we should warn the guard, when they see us they will be announcing our presence to the people...Zander?" 

"You're right, they don't know we left and it will be about time that everyone is out on the streets. I'll send word to the guard, we will have to hide undercover unless you are alright with all the attention. " Zander said to Arianna. It was funny how all the boys already knew to see if it was okay with Arianna before they did something. Though they all would say the same thing, this morning all eyes were on them again and it was so weird. They were used to people avoiding them, not being the centre of attention.

"Can we pull something like that off?" Arianna looked at Xavier. But he looked as though he was pushing himself, or in deep thought. "Xav..." 

Damian stopped her. "He is concentrating, let's not bother him." Raine looked at Xavier by turning her head slightly. His eyes were straight on the road but he looked so far off. "We will stop by the guard to borrow some cloaks, they won't know who you all are so if we disguise ourselves  we should be good." 

"He looks like he is almost in pain, can we help him in any way?" Nevaeh asked concerned. 

 "I'll do what I can as well, but what he is doing will be tough on him, so either way he will look off." Landon said as he zoned out as well. 

"What could he be doing that is causing him to be this way?" Yazmin asked. 

"He is trying to suppress your powers as much as he can, then slowly let it out throughout the city so that we don't startle the citizens." Zander explained quietly. Raine looked back to see Damian glaring at him. "What? There is no other way to  explain it, we can't hide it from them,we want to gain their trust so we have to be up front." Zander explained defensively.  Yet, Raine looked at Arianna whose eyes widened, looking almost impressed.