Chapter 7

Shiloh

"Hi Shiloh!"
"Hey Shiloh, love the shirt."
"Afternoon Shiloh,"
"I need to ask him-"
"You want to go out Shiloh?"
"See you at the party Shiloh!"

I was walking to the last class of the day, Cora beside me, rolling her eyes so hard I thought she was having some kind of anerysm from seeing me get so much attention. We had Art, and as much as I like doodling, I only chose it because it's an easy class to pass. I thought gym would be something to take, but we thought we should share classes. Having one of my siblings in each class just made things easier.

"So S, did you decide on what your party theme will be?" Cora's voice curious because I get to throw the next one. Tonight's party belongs to Lala, she thought this on would show that we were going be up on top of the school hierarchy tomorrow. I believe her.

"You know me Cor, if it aint fun, dangerous and crazy, why bother? But I'll still attend your girly one." The twins always made everything so.......pink. I dont mean the color either, I mean Victoria Secret Pink. As a boy, I find that sexy and shit, but as their brother its unnerving. I get it, girls will be girls and boys will be guys. Blah blah blah. Me and my brothers seen our sisters in some small bikinis and things that make guys look forever. Im just saying when they have that shit on, were a pack of protected snakes. If snakes were to be in packs.

The girls have to live with the shit we do too that makes them uncomfortable, so this whole thing is vice versa. But as I always like to think of it, life is life. Our youth is done with wild ideas and theres no room for regrets. How do people live to their fullest if they dont push themselves to take chances? So I push through when my sisters have party suggestions. Or any crazy suggestions.

The things we do for the academy.

We walked back down to the first floor where the art classes are, theres a display case full with some very talented artifacts that students have done over the years. A drawing of an anime figure looking sad out a window over the city on a rainy night was pretty cool that I stopped to look at it more. Cora stopped with me, noticing the portrait too.

"Wow" she murmured. I agreed with her. Whoever made this is very talented, and going through something that has them depressed, or sad. I hope they got past it. The bell rung overhead and Cora grabbed my arm as she pulled me to run to class. We walked into a big room lined with rows of isles, everything to paint, pastels, and watercolors are scattered on the shelves along one side of the wall.

The cool thing about this classroom was the art displays posted all over. There were sketches, paintings, sculptures, and small models of delicate art. My eyes wondered to the teacher that had a colorful lava lamp on his desk,..he didnt look older than 21.

He had blond hair that was in a fohawk style, his ink barely showed out from his short sleeve. He didnt seem like a person that would be teaching art, music maybe. Anyways, he has a handsome face, a body build similar to Marc, and had more of a casual attire, like me.

Hhmmm.

I went to go sit at an open isle, only to slightly bump into Cora. Whom seemed to have lost her train of thought at the sight before her. She glanced at me sheepishly, and we moved to grab our seats.

"Hes a teacher", I reminded her in French. I dont like the intrests shes taking. Cora sighed dreamily like she doesnt care. She is the only one that likes both girls and guys, but she prefers her guys more man. Sometimes its hard to think about what goes through her mind when she finds someone shes crushing on. One time I asked her to explain it to me, she gave up on the third try.

"Hes almost 20. I did a background; I just didnt expect.... its a lot different in person. Anyways, he graduated last year from Yale, major in the fine arts. Moved straight here to Charleston to start his career, a lonely dog that one", she said to me Greek.

I looked back over to the man, who started to grab the class attention. Lonely huh?

"Hello everyone, today is the last day to turn in your paintings. So, grab your supplies and get to it". He said, his voice calm like he's been teaching for ages.

He came forth to me and Cora, his small intake on breath was noticeable to me as he glued his eyes on my sis. I gave him the deadliest glare I could muster, making him take half a step back and plastering a friendly smile on.

"Hello, you must be my new students. Im Mr. Knox. Here is this school years syllabus, you havent missed much. We start new projects every week. This week was painting, specifically on an animal you think is unique. If you want, you can try and create a portrait with the time we have today, or write me a 1 page paper on what you think about art. It was an assignment we did at the beginning of school", he gestured around the room. "Canvases are over there, paints, brushes, sinks, napkins, aprons dont be afraid to look around. Get familiar with where things are, if you have any questions, just come and ask. I liked things turned in on Fridays for grading. So...have at it". He walked back towards his desk, failing to attempt to look busy. I snorted.

I looked at Cora who was but tight lipped, and then around the room weighing which one I should do. I decided on painting, I went to grab some supplies, getting extra because I knew Cora would want to paint too. Its not like it'll take us forever.

The girl next to me kept glancing my way until I decided to look over at her. She was cute, strawberry blonde hair cut shoulder length, heart shaped face and bright green eyes. I gave her a sly smile before commenting on her work.

"Cool dog", I said. Hoping I got it right, the thing looked like a hairless chihuahua. Did she know they arent a pale pink?

"Uh...its a cat actually. A sphynx cat", she mumbled as I tried my damn hardest not to laugh.

"Oh, I-I see it now". She must have got embarrassed because her face ended up blending a shade darker than her hair. Okay then...I wanted to say 'good job', but I didn't have it in me without snickering.

I went back to focusing on my work, wondering what I should paint. There were a lot of animals that were unique to me. King cobra, rhinos, jellyfish, eagle, wolves, but I settled for something I always used to draw as a kid.

Once the brush hit the canvas, my hand and imagination did the rest. Everything was blocked out except the tune I had made up in my mind. I was so entranced with the colors swirling and blending in the ways I wanted them to go that I didnt hear Mr. Knox words.

"-spectacular".

I added the finishing touch at the bottom right-side corner. STaylor. We thought that as Ghosts, we needed to switch up our last names once in a while when were on missions. I looked over at Coras work and found the same thing, only a different color. A Koi fish.

We smiled at each other just before Mr. Knox told us to clean up. I always thought the domesticated species was unique. So beautiful, so at peace, to have the ability to survive and adapt to many climates and water conditions.

We were told to leave our work on the isles to dry. When the bell rang, I was once again pumped up for the Party to start. Everyone filed out, girls saying hi to me again while the boys sneered. I held my arm out like I usually do for Cora to take, only nothing happened. I looked up to murmured voices, finding her right in front teacher. Ugh!

Bad Cora, Bad!!!