006

006

"DOGS"

"you need to decide where you want your date to take place, chris!"

alahna jumps up from the couch and holds up some yellow cards in front of her, smiling brightly. she looks at her friend and motions for matt to join her.

"matt and i came up with some ideas for your date! we know what she likes, so we figured it would be best to do this. all you have to do is choose a date out of these!"

"why are we still doing this?"

the boy sighs loudly, rolling his eyes at his friends. he thought he would be done with this shit, but all it did was backfire him even more and now he has to continue with their plan.

he just wants to enjoy his time with romi and get her to like him on his own. not with his friends by his side.

although... he did have some trouble with the fact that he had to come up with a planned date. he didn't think that far yet and the thought of planning a date freaked him out. so maybe, maybe it's okay for his friends to help him out just a little bit.

"because you're a dumbass and you need us! you're not going to tell me that you came up with a date already, chris," alahna says, looking at her first card and smiling at it.

"no, i don't but," the boy says, his eyes on the ground. "just spill your ideas."

the girl shouts a 'yeah!' and sticks a card to the wall. "alright! the first idea is a coffee shop! we all know how cute that can be!"

chris nods to himself. "yeah, she is a coffee addict. one problem though... i'm not."

alahna sighs and places her hand on her face, shaking her head. "you're helpless, chris. there are so many other things you can order in a coffee shop! plus, it shows how you think about stuff that she likes, too."

the boy nods a little and bites his lip, then thinks. "okay... well, what else do you got?"

matt sticks another yellow card on the wall and points at it. the card says; 'dogs' in thick and black letters.

chris frowns, his eyes moving over the word again. "dogs? why dogs?" he asks the two, moving his head a little to the side. he doesn't understand why he would go on a date with romi and a dog.

"let me explain, dear chris," alahna starts, then points at the card as well. "dogs are cute and romi absolutely loves dogs. she wants one herself when she grows up so we thought it would be cute if you guys walked a dog together!"

the male shakes his head at his friends. "that's absolutely not happening. dogs aren't my friends at times and one time i got bitten by one. i hate dogs. trevor is an exception but, walking them seems like not a good idea."

matt and alahna sigh, then stick another card to the wall. "what about going for dinner together?"

"what topics would we talk about?"

and another yellow card is stuck on the wall, this time another one-word card. "bowling?" nick asks, talking for the first time in a few minutes, "that's fun."

"i've never been bowling before," chris answers to the girls and nick, shaking his head a little. "but it seems fun though."

"oh, no," nick says. "please don't do that. you'll make a fool out of yourself," he says, moving his glasses further up on his head.

alahna nods at his words, then smirked. "he already does, though."

"why are you guys always so mean to me? i thought we were supposed to be friends! i'm starting to think that you all secretly hate me."

"we don't! you don't have to worry. alright, none of these are going to work. alahna, what do we do now?" nick says, looking at his friend.

alahna looks at the last card in her hands. she sticks the card to the wall and takes a deep breath. "i guess it's going to be a lame movie night, then."

nick laughs, patting his own knee as he keeps on laughing. "oh! that shouldn't be a problem! chris is already lame, so she wouldn't be surprised if the date was lame too!"

chris rolls his eyes and stands up, rubbing the dust off of his pants. "you guys are no help. the movie date sounds good to me. i don't like going all out anyway and i don't even know if she likes me. so, if you'll excuse me, i'll go and sit in my room while i do nothing but cry about you, stupid idiots."

the boy walks away from his friends and up the stairs to his own room. His friends start to laugh and shake their heads. "oh, that poor bitch... i feel sorry for him," nick mumbles, his eyes focused on the staircase.

matt and alahna nod at his words, also looking in the same direction. alahna then shrugs and crosses her arms, pointing at the last yellow card on the wall.

"you can say what you want, but he has a date idea now!"

sigh

sigh. hi guys, hows ur day been?

i promise this nightmare of a book is almost over.

-izuki𓆩♡𓆪