002

002

"ARE YOU IN A PLAY?"

"alright, the first step is to get her to notice you," alahna says as she reads the lines on her phone, then looks up to her friend, and smiles brightly.

"she already does that, though," matt says, looking at alahna, "they're friends, remember?"

the four friends are sitting in chris's neat room (it's only neat because marylou cleaned it), thinking about a way for romi to like chris. nick and alahna are looking at the phone screen, reading the first step on the site.

"i know i'm right, the first step is already done. they're friends and know each other, right? they've hung out a couple of times. i mean, we're always together as a group," matt says, putting a twix bar in his mouth and chewing on the candy, not really getting what they're so smiley about.

"no!" nick says, "you got it all wrong. they've hung out, yes... but have they really? we usually hang out in a group like you said, matt. i don't think they've really hung out together, aside from their study-dates," he continues, and nods to alahna to continue.

the girl continues her friend's story, and nods, "right! Here it says he should get her to notice him with objects. wearing items that attract woman, like leather jackets, jewelry, suits, or maybe a tattoo!"

"oh, yeah! you should get a tattoo!" nick shouts, looking at his brother. "that would be so cool!"

chris widens his eyes, and shakes his head repeatedly. "Are you fucking nuts, Nick? I'm not getting a tattoo!" he says, rolling his eyes at his friends. "This sounds so stupid."

"a leather jacket it is, then," nick mumbles, secretly thinking the tattoo would be great. you see, chris would be really hot with a tattoo, right? it would make him jump out for sure! that way, romi has no other way than to like the boy back. but of course, if he doesn't want to, the leather jacket should work too.

"it also says that you shouldn't use excuses that are stopping you in track for not talking to her. don't say she's not interested in you because you don't know that yet. good point, if you ask me!" alahna says, reading the lines out loud to her friends.

"but what if she doesn't like me?" the boy asks, thinking about all the possible ways this plan could go wrong.

alahna shakes her head, sighing at her friend. "and that is exactly what you shouldn't think!" she tells the guy, watching him look into the distance. what is he even thinking about? she thinks about the possibilities of the boy's thoughts, but can't come up with anything.

"alright, let's get a leather jacket and get him to talk to romi!" nick then says, getting up from the bed. 

once the group exits chris's room, matt finally lets out his long-held in laugh. he had been quietly thinking about how stupid his brother was going to look. he would pay anything to see his brother look so dumb in front of his crush. he hastily made his way downstairs not wanting to miss even a second of this free entertainment.

the next day, the four of them go to school, heading to the common meeting place where the black-haired girl usually waits for them.

"make sure you keep smiling when you approach her! oh, and relax your body. you'll do great!" alahna whispers as she gives a big thumbs-up to her friend.

everyone is standing behind the wall. romi is opening her locker, looking for some books for the next class. alahna gives her friend a small push in the right direction. the three friends then hide behind the wall. somehow they don't realise matt recording while, they watch chris talk to their other friend.

the nervous boy takes a deep breath and walks towards the kitchen area, leaning against the fridge while he starts to talk. "oi, romi. What's up?"

the black-haired girl turns around as she hears the familiar voice of her friend. "hey, chris—" she starts, then noticing while his words are somewhat normal, the clothes he's wearing and the way he leans against the fridge is something he would never do.

"what the fuck are you wearing?" she asks, laughing at him and eyeing him up and down. he looks great, she has to admit that, but why the sudden change? this is nothing like him. he would never lean against a fridge while he's wearing a leather jacket. is this some kind of joke?

meanwhile, the three friends standing behind the wall, are chuckling slightly. "this was a bad idea," matt mumbles, watching his brother. everyone is cringing at the way chris approaches their friend. he approached her with confidence, but it is so not like him that, it just looks weird. and they're sure that romi thinks so too...

chris panics at her words, and he starts to stammer. "uh..." he manages to bring out. 

quick, come with something

how is he going to get out of this awkward situation?

"are you in a play or something?" she asks, laughing uncontrollably at her best friend. "because if that's the case, I would pay a lot of money to see you play the bad boy, chris."

his face starts to flush red and he nods. "well, alahna and nick had this fun idea of signing up for the play but they wanted to see if i could be the gangster. that's that. i don't think it's going to work out, though. thanks for confirming that. i'll go tell them now, see you at lunch, romi" he yells in her face, then turns around to walk back to his friends.

romi frowns at his explanation as she watches her best friend turn around the corner, shaking her head a little. "that was so fucking weird," she mumbles, then shrugging and turning back to the lockers. shortly, she feels a vibration in her pocket and pulls her phone out.

i hate this

i hate this. its so corny ughhh. i swear my other triplets fanfics will be better this was always in my drafts and i just made it about chris. im sorry.

-izuki