Lost in Reverie

Hi! My name is Belliana Einsbern, Bell for short. I'm the daughter of a business man. I'm 16 years old and I go to the prestigious Alzano Academy and so does my little brother. Today we both will be starting our new session at school. I can't wait to see my friends and make new ones!

"Bell it's after 7 o'clock!" I finally heard mom yell. 

"Mmm.. Mmh.." I hummed, still in the middle of processing what mom had just said. 

I let out a gasp of realization as I shot my eyes open, looking at the alarm clock.

"Not again!" I yelled as I jumped out of bed. 

Hurriedly taking a shower and wearing my uniform, I rushed down the stairs while braiding my hair, with my backpack flung over my right shoulder.

I rushed to the kitchen where mom was. 

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner mom, I'm late now!" I said.

"I did try several times dear and each time you said that you were getting up. Even your little brother tried waking you up." Said mom as she packed my lunch.

"I don't remember that!" I said as I frantically wore my shoes.

Just as I was about to run out to catch my school bus, mom called out. "Bell!" 

"What? I'm in a hurry!" I replied.

"I know but don't you need your lunch?" Mom said holding up my lunch. 

"Mm. Thanks mom!" I said as I quickly grabbed my lunch from her and rushed out of the door. 

"See you later!" I yelled.

"Your little brother is waiting at the bus stop!" I heard mom's fading voice as I ran towards the bus stop.  

"Why has morning come so early, I'm so sleepy" I yawned as I jogged, slowly lowering my pace.

Just then, from the corner of my eye, I saw an old man trying to cross the road. I quickly went over to help him.

"Thank you, young lady." He said in a quivering voice after I helped him. "Will you be okay, sir?" I asked. He nodded with a smile.

My attention suddenly went to his eyes. His iris had gone completely white, with a very light blue color. 

'Is his vision fading?.. His eyes are like the white sky.. So clear..'

'Wait!- I don't have time for this! I have a bus to catch!'

So I bid him farewell and continued running towards the bus stop.

I could see the bus waiting at the stop. I quickly got on the bus.

'I hope I'm not too late..'

"Please be early next time. We will not wait for more than 2 minutes." Said the bus lady.

I noticed my brother at the third seat. "How late was I?" I asked him. "You better be thankful. I made the bus lady wait for you." He said.

" He said