{Chapter 49}

Arayna's Pov

"Alright Ced! Just remember the spells you must cast. You have casted 2 of the charms perfectly and successfully." I cheered him up while waiting for the second task to start. 

He got upset when he didn't get to see Liliana yesterday afternoon and earlier in the morning. But he still knew that the other professors are careful with her and the others.

Karina nodded from the other side of him and stated dully, "We shouldn't get those obnoxious, annoying, spoiled-"

I cough interrupting her rant, giving her a pointed glare.

Since the first task we found out Karkaroff is very biased. On the first task he gave Cedric 1 if the other judges haven't interfered with the scorings. While both me and Karina are upset about it, I quickly got over it, knowing if we do good to better to outstanding, we'll manage to irritate him further. And boy do I love irritating one of the most annoying people. 

Karina however haven't got over it. So even if her anger is directed and was for Karkaroff, she can't and is not allowed to hex him. So she stuck with bashing the other competitors, Madam Maxim and Karkaroff. No harm to our fellow helpers though, we got along with them, they do found it amusing to see their champions and teacher being bashed.

I huff out a breathe looking down and smiled slightly at the sight of both of my siblings with their friends chatting excitedly for the task and worriedly as they looked around for Hermione. 

I then look back at Cedric who still looks sickly pale. Looking back to the first task, I would've thought he gone over the frightened part, but oh well.

"Welcome to the Second Task!" McGonagall greeted everyone. "Last night something was stolen from each of our Champions."

I look at Karina as our eyes meet and nodded to one another, clapping Cedric at the back taking him out of his trance.

McGonagall continued, "A treasure, of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the Bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need to find their treasure and return to the surface. They have one hour to complete the task. Good luck Champions!" and finished it.

A canon then was fired. A signal for the champions to dive in.

The Champions dived in. 

And now the waiting game.

20 minutes later, Fleur has surfaced back but not with her treasure.

"Miss Delacour has unfortunately been forced to come back, so she will take no further part in this task." McGonagall announced gravely. The Beauxbatons students cries from the obvious defeat in the 2nd task.

10 minutes later, me and Karina hearing whooshing on the water and looked down then saw Cedric coming up with Liliana, who was spelled to sleep.

Shouts, Cheers and whoops of joy were heard around us. As Karina pulled Cedric and Liliana -who is now awake- on the shore, both wet from head to toe.

I then casted both of them a drying charm as the professors tries to calm the loud crowd.

And then Viktor Krum came up the surface transforming from a shark head back to his own, with Hermione as his treasure.

I then look back at Cedric and ask him with a knowing smile, "Did it work?"

Cedric nodded enthusiastic and said, "It worked perfectly and successfully like you guys told me! I first did the Bubble-Head Charm then you're Mabilis Paso Charm."

Karina smiled proudly, "Well we had to do the best to win

Karina smiled proudly, "Well we had to do the best to win." In which I nodded in agreement.

In that moment, Gabrielle Delacour was now brought back, and has woken from the sleeping spell. Fleur then took her into her arms ,and sobbed and apologized for not bringing her back. 

McGonagall now announced the scores, "The Winner is.. Mr Diggory!" The Hogwarts students cheered loudly then quited down as McGonagall continued, "Who performed the Bubble-Head Charm and the Mabilis Paso Charm flawlessly with flying colors. And managed to bring back his treasure in 30 minutes."

McGonagall continued, "The second place is.. Mr Krum!" The Durmstrang students were a bit bitter in cheering as they got second place not first. "Who transfigured himself with a shark head. And took back his treasure in 38 minutes."

McGonagall then finished, "And in their place is.. Miss Delacour!" The Beauxbatons students whilst upset at the lost, still clapped proudly and politely for their champion. "Who charmed themselves a Bubble-Head Charm quite great. But was unfortunately attacked on the way by Grindylows. And didn't get her treasure."

{xxx}

Me and Karina walked back to the Castle with Cedric and Liliana, and their friends around them.

Liliana look at me curiously and asked politely, "Arayna, do you have any heads up for the third task?" She chuckles then continues, "I'd rather not wake up in the Black Lake again," Everyone laughs at that.

I smile at her and shook my head, "Well, we can't tell you guys much. But there won't be anyone waking up on the Black Lake anytime soon."

Karina nodded and spoke up next, "The next task will happen at the Quidditch Pitch. That's one I'm sure." 

Me and Karina laughed out loud and walked away from the group, hearing Cedric shout in confusion about the third task, and in slightly angered disbelief about the task being on the Quidditch Pitch.

Even if I was a Quidditch player for Ravenclaw. I really don't mind using the Pitch for events and activities as long as it is being brought back to its original state after the event. Oliver on the other hand, not so much.