{Chapter 45}

{••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

Arayna's Pov

After a few days after we found out about the kinds of dragons and discussed it. The Daily Prophet had released the news about Frank and Alice Longbottom. It caused quite a fuss in the Wizarding World considering it has been like 14 years or something that they have been on the same state with no signs of improving, and they just suddenly got better. An investigation was about to occur when Augusta and Neville Longbottom dismissed the case. As all they wanted was for their love ones to be healthy and safe, which they got after I healed them. 

And now, today is the First Task.

Along with Ludo Bagman and Barty Crouch, McGonagall entered the tent. We all understood at once that the first task was about to start.

 We all understood at once that the first task was about to start

"Greetings, Champions. Now arrange yourselves here. The first task can now begin at last." McGonagall instructed with a tight smile.

"Let's begin. Ludo will you?"

"Well let's start then!" Bagman stated cheerfully and eagerly.

Each one of them selected a dragon for the job after taking a turn. Welsh Green dragon was given to Fleur. A Chinese Fireball dragon was given to Viktor. The last dragon Cedric received was a Swedish Short-Snout.

Cedric made his way towards Karina and I while grinning nervously.

I smile reassuringly at him and said, "Don't worry Ced, you got this. Me and Rina may never have fought a dragon before, but I'm pretty sure that as long as you know what to do, then you wouldn't get burned alive by them"

Cedric groaned, "You could have reassured me without saying the burning alive part."

Karina shrugged and lazily said with a small smile, "Well you have to be realistic at this point."

A ring was then heard signaling that the first Champion is coming out. Me and Karina nodded towards him with a reassuring smile as he went out the tent.

Just as we had instructed, trained, and practiced, Cedric was able to obtain the Golden Egg while the dragon's attention was diverted by a larger dog that smelled like a mouthwatering dish of blood. It actually took him four days to cast a silencing charm on himself, but he eventually succeeded. Finally, he was able to cast the Disillusionment Charm, which took him almost the same amount of time like the silencing charm to cast it successfully, on both himself and the egg after retrieving it. Then, shocking the crowd, walked off the field unharmed. 

Me and Karina went towards the Tent where Madam Pomfrey is treating or double checking Cedric for any injuries.

I clapped and smiled proudly at Cedric, taking both of their attention towards me, "Congrats Ced! We knew you could do it!"

Karina beamed proudly and stated cheerfully, "And you didn't burn alive!"

I nodded with a proud smile, "If the other two Champions won't be able to pull off the way you did, then you will get first place!"

I was correct, too. With her charms, Fleur attempted to put her dragon into a trance. However, the dragon was not entirely contained and blasted Fleur with fire, setting fire to her clothing. When Viktor attempted to retrieve the gold egg from his dragon when the dragon was convulsing and ruining her other eggs, he lost points.

Cedric came in 1st with 48 points. Viktor came in 2nd with 40 points. And lastly, Fleur came in 3rd with 35 points. 

Me, Karina and Cedric decided to discuss about the second task next week. Me and Karina just have to give him a few hints on how to open the egg without the noise, but not giving him the actual answer to it. That was strictly instructed by Ludo Bagman. Until they figure out what was said on the egg, then we can start helping them.

{xxx}

I release an exhausted sigh as we finish climbing up to one of the family boxes

I release an exhausted sigh as we finish climbing up to one of the family boxes. I turn to the others to check we are all here. Which we are. The Whole Wood family, Luna, Harry, Karina, Marline, John, Leo, Sena and Nico.

After many unsuccessful time of looking for an opportunity for Marline, Karina, John and Leo to meet Sena and Nico. I now successfully managed to get them to meet today or more likely tonight, and they got along with one another very well. 

We already met up with Oliver earlier and he was with Jeo and Alden. We catch up a bit before the Coach called them all for a small meeting. And now we're here on one of the boxes that has the best view of the games. 

For tonight they are playing against Falmouth Falcons.

Then the game starts.

The game was nerve wracking even if I'm not one of the players. many players got injured, so many that most of the players got exchanged with the reserves.

Luckily, Oliver only had 2 injuries so far one of them was a hit to his shoulders, that got dislocated but was quickly put back in place, and his foot was sprained but it was another easy fix.

Unfortunately Jeo had a hit in the head and is currently unconscious but we were told he'll e making a full recovery. And Alden broke 2 of his ribs which got internal bleeding, that he had to stop playing for a bit then managed to come back to the game, when I went to their area, and fixed him up with just a touch of my hand and it was healed. Luckily no one was there to see what I did, and I managed to get Alden to keep it a secret.

Overall Puddlemere United won tonight's game, with 340 points while Falmouth Falcons had 220 points.

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}