-22-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
After a week of packing and making my brothers take me out to get some things, the three of us were about to leave for the airport till Grayson and Derick hugged us.

"Y'all better stay safe" Derick said, looking right at me and Elijah.

"We will Derick" "mhm, and call us if anything happens" Grayson added before we reassured the two that we'd be safe and call.

"Welp let's get to this airport," Aiden said as we got into the car, making a quick stop for breakfast before meeting up with Grandad and the boys at the airport, the old man already telling us about the story between him and Moe till we sat down in our seats.

"Grandad you don't seem to hurt about your friend," I say, Elijah and Aiden somehow already falling asleep.

"Baby girl you'll realize that sometimes your friends aren't as loyal as you'd want them to be, and that goes for you boys to" "well Cairo's never gonna change" Huey stated, referring to his old best friend.

Time skip
Eventually, after a long talk and all of us falling asleep, we finally made it to Chicago, the boys' Aunt met up with us after we got an Uber.

"Aw there goes my boy and *gasp* you're Huey's girlfriend, oh lawd you are just precious" the woman boasted while hugging me.

"Hi ma'am" "ma'am? Baby just calm me auntie, and the same goes for you two handsome young men," the woman said to Aiden and Elijah.

Once we went into the woman's home my brothers had to stay on the couch while Huey and Riley had to share a room.

"Man this is bull, Imma chill with yo brothers instead" Riley grumbled, grabbing his things and going into the living room.

"More space I guess" Huey shrugged as we sat our things down.

"Oh, you wanna go and explore a bit? I know we just got off the plane and shit but-" "yes we can go see Cairo" I interrupted, knowing Huey was excited to see his friend.

"Just let me change into something that isn't sweats" I added before grabbing an outfit from my suitcase and going into the bathroom to change.
Hair and fit check

"Alright we can go now" I announced while grabbing my phone so we could leave

"You know you're beautiful right?" Huey asked, now directly face to face with me since he's like 6'2, and these boots give me his exact height.

"Your nickname for me is Beautiful" "yeah cause you are" the boy grinned before taking my hand in his, the two of us letting everyone know we'd be out for a bit, Aiden and Elijah yelling at me to have my phone on me.

After walking for a bit, passing a few spots that made me realize how hungry I was, we made it to a bridge.

"Ay Cairo" Huey called out to the boy "oh wassup bro" "you know I've been trying to hit you up and shit" "yeah I've been busy, but wassup with ma over there?" Cairo asked him and his friend to look at me.

"Oh I'm Y/n, wassup" I smiled, still a bit obvious to the two boys' gazes on me.

"What's up? The struggle is up my sista, oppression is up baby. My name is Dewey Jenkins" the boy introduced himself, shaking my hand after the long introduction.

"Oh hold up, so this the famous Huey, the brother who used to be your best friend till he ran away to white crest" "um it's Woodcrest, and Huey didn't run away," I say, a little annoyed with how Dewey was acting.

"Calm down Sista, ain't mean no harm" "yeah sorry about that shawty" Dewey and Cairo apologized, Huey, looking a bit annoyed.

"Well anyways I was just tryna see how things are going, but guess y'all don't wanna be talked to right now so we'll just get something and head home," Huey said to the two boys.

"Nah don't be like that, come on let's get some food," Cairo said while looking right at me as we all started to walk.

"So sista, are you supporting the revolution?" Dewey asked me as I shrugged.

"Yeah well, I might as well be, I'm planning to be a psychologist though" "oooh that's real good, it all starts in the mind, that's what I say" "yeah well I heard psychology hard, you think you could handle it ma?" Cairo chimes in.

"Well, I'm already taking early college classes for it so you tell me" with my statement I heard Huey laugh a bit at the look on Cairo and Dewey's faces.

"You got a smart one Huey, kind of shocked" Cairo laughed, making me roll my eyes till I accidentally dropped my phone.

"It better not be cracked" I grumble to myself, bending down to pick up as quickly as possible, feeling Huey stand behind me as I grabbed my phone.

"Thank you" "yeah it's nothing" Huey smiled, giving my lips a quick peck, getting some gloss on his lips as we kept on walking

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Once the four found a spot, they all found a booth while Huey and Dewey got in line to order.

"So Ma, you and Huey a thing or what?" Cairo asked me "yeah we're dating..." 'did he not see me kiss him?'.

"Hm that's wassup, but I mean like, you sure you not worried?" "About what?" Now curiosity was getting the best of me as I slightly moved forward, a bit intrigued by what Cairo was going to tell me.

"Back when we were young, I and Huey were basically brothers, my mom even treated him like her son, but once the dude left without even telling me bye, he doesn't even answer my calls, do you know how much that hurts? Then all of a sudden he calls me up like nothing happened, so I'm just making sure he doesn't do the same to you"

For some strange reason, I was truly thinking about what Cairo was saying to me, my eyes moving over to my boyfriend whose face was currently stone cold.

But I couldn't think that about Huey, there was no way he would do that, plus he talks about Cairo like he never left Chicago.

"No Huey's not like that" "you sure? Wait till y'all start arguing, I promise he'll switch up" the boy stated just before Dewey and my boyfriend came over with our food, a heavy feeling set in my chest.

"Are you okay Beautiful?" Huey asked, ignoring Dewey's weird questions and opinions on the revolution.

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired" I lied, my entire mood off thanks to me now being stuck in my head, thinking about what Cairo said.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1140