Volume Two - Chapter Eight

Agrum's men were armed and ready, clad in leather and ill gotten goods as they clutched weapons and arms in hand, like lovers they held them tightly, fearful of the battle to come. Agrum commanded many men, enough to beat a small battalion, a factor that had won them many battles and gotten them out of some very sticky situations, but fear grew in Agrum's heart at the site of the pale fog that slowly encroached upon them.

It had been a clear night, the moon full in the sky with no clouds to block its view but that was before the fog emerged. An eerie cloud of pale white had started to form as it crept out from amongst the trees that surrounded the old fort, only to stop at the line of torches Agrum's men had prepared, as if waiting for something.

The screams of their fellow brothers in arms went unheard as they cried amongst the fog, left to whatever demons lurked in the night, none were able to survive and break through the pale wall.

The bandits had prepared as best they could, rushing to put Agrum's plan in place, barricades of filched furniture made by master artisans now acted as makeshift barriers strewn on the ground, bathed in oil and spirit, ready to be set aflame. Stood upon the broken fort were men stationed with crooked bows, ready to rain down what meagre arrows they had as the barricades hopefully slowed the undead's approach. This was Agrum's plan, but only a small part of it, stationed before the barricades were the women they had captured, the most vital part of his nefarious plot. Sasha being only one of many on display.

Shackled to colossal lumps of stone ripped from the foundations of the fort were the women, bound and immobile they awaited their grisly ends. Agrum valued his men more than a group of random women that he could capture at any time, his orders were to leave them strewn about in open view, to act as bait for their unnatural foes. The undead were known for their ravenous hunger and hate of the living, the women were to distract the undead as his men rained down arrows, before setting the barricades alight and watching them all burn. Agrum's role, A King's role, was to stay at the back, he would be happy to watch as the undead feasted, only lamenting over the loss of the goods they had obtained.

"Blasted dead! I finally have a good women under me and the nasty little bastards attack us!"

"...Shut it. You don't want Agrum to hear you."

Many regretted losing such fine women after not yet having chance to savour them but still they performed their duties with zeal, even going so far as to bleed the women, believing that it would further entice the beasts lurking beyond the pale wall. The cold touch of steel cut at the women as their already dishevelled figures were painted red, like sweet delicacies to be savoured, succulent cherries ready to be picked and consumed.

Sasha pulled against the chains that held her but could do little to remove them, resigned to her new fate, Sasha could only watch as the bandits finished their preparations. Fear gripped at Sasha's heart as the women before her was cut too deeply in a bandits haste, she bled out alone and cold, that women hadn't received Shafe's unnatural reassurance like Sasha had. He hadn't cut deep like many of the other bandits, instead Shafe's was like a soft kiss, gliding slowly over her skin as he watched the ruby drops form, his last words reminding Sasha to struggle as best she could, she owed him the pleasure he was due.

Just the cold wind kept Sasha company as she too stared into the pale wall, wondering once again what was to become of her? What demonic entities had cursed her to suffer such cruel twists?

Despite the many torches and fires that had been prepared Agrum couldn't help but step back as the wall before them began to move, growing and expanding as it blocked out the moon above, causing the bandit's faces to twist and grimace as dark shadows were cast on them all. Standing atop the forts highest wall Agrum had a view of the open field, of his men as they formed lines of defence behind the barricades whilst the women struggled to break free from their restraints. The cries and muttering of all present easily reaching Agrum, doing nothing to offer him any reassurance.