The First Ring

Y/n doesn't quite remember what happened. However, what she does remember is waking up, seeing Red Son, and instantly becoming distracted by the savory sweet scent of food.

She sits at the table and doesn't speak another word as she digs into the veggies and vegetarian foods made for her by Bull Clones, on behalf of Red Son.

"Uh, you're welcome, by the way." Scoffs the male with an eye roll. "Thanks, Red Boy, you're the man!" Mei chirps, spitting her food all over the place. Y/n smiles and swallow. "Mei, don't talk with your mouth full!" She scolds.

"It's Red Son!" He emphasizes, "You're lucky that Rabbit Spirit was with you, otherwise I would've left you three to the vultures." He huffs.

MK instantly takes advantage of Red's temporary distraction, walking around and shouting at the others how big and cool Red Son's house was. Or more like estate or even giant mansion-- might as well be an entire castle.

As MK continues to walk around, a booby trap is triggered. Red Son has no hesitation to help out our well-meaning monkey boy.

He forces MK into his seat and clears his throat. "You all aren't even supposed to be here! So I'd appreciate it if you finished up whatever obnoxious business you were in the middle of before I saved your pathetic, meaningless lives." Red Son spat with his patience wearing thin.

Y/n frowns. "You don't mean that, do you?" She asks, genuinely confused. Red Son huffs, but whispers under his breath anyway.

"Maybe not all of you." He grumbles so that only Y/n heard it. She perked up and went back to eating and Red Son glances down at the silver whistle modules after a dog whistle, modified for it to fit a certain rabbit girl's senses.

He glances back up at the grinning girl. "Your wish is our demand!" Mei chirps, shoving more chicken in her mouth.

"What were you Noodle brains even doing out there, anyway?" Scowls the fire demon. "Looking for the Samadhi Fire!" Y/n answers.

"THE SAMADHI WHAT!?" He shouts, making Y/n tense and cover her ears. Before Red Son could get the chance to realize what he did and apologize to her, there was a large thump somewhere in the castle. ..More specifically, right in front of them as Demon Bull King entered the grand dining room.

"The little thieves and thier friends return." He growls, glancing at Y/n and MK with a glare. MK sweats nervously, trying to form coherent words as he faces his mortal nemisis's dad.

"Yoooo, daddy!" He greets, realizing his mistake. "I-I mean, Demon Daddy-- I mean-! Mr. Bull King.. Sir!" The poor kid sputters out, flustered by his own actions. Y/n face palms, still chewing her berry pie.

"We, uh... Still cool right?" He asks nervously.

Demon Bull Kimg didn't respond, instead dropping his fresh giant chicken drum stick on the table before sitting down, causing two different thunks to ripple through the room.

Red Son coughs lightly, trying to ease the tense atmosphere. "Ahem- Father! You're home earlier than I.. expected!" He says.

"I was expecting a banquet. I wasn't expecting company." The sharper voice of Princess Iron Fan cut through the air with grace.

"I trust you realize our little truce is at best a fragile thing. So tell me, what have you intruded on our dinner plans for?" The woman asks skeptically, making Y/n shove some more pie in her mouth to excuse herself from answering.

"They're looking for the Samadhi Fire." Answers Red Son for them.

"WHAT!?" Snarls DBK in anger, making Y/n flinch at the loud volume. "I.. See you've heard of it?" Asks MK nervously. He quickly scoots backwards as DBK slams his large hoof hands against the table. Y/n nervously grabs hold of Mei's sweater on her right side.