Duplicatination

No one really expected it.

Heck, even Monkey King was caught a little off guard by how it happened.

Y/n was sick.

No one really knew what had happened, but the stars in her eyes and fur had fallen dim. The gang eventually found out after Monkey King informing MK and MK informing Pigsy and Pigsy informing Tang and Tang shouting it out in astonishment.

They instantly clamored on MK-- more specifically Mei was worried for her little sister figure-- and asked if Y/n was okay.

MK laughed lightly and nodded. "Yeah! Monkey King said she was okay, but he has no idea how to take care of her, and the medicine used to really make the cold go bye-bye is short in stock or whatever." The worn-out teenager reassured.

Tang raised a hand to push his glasses further up his nose. "She could always stay here, you know." He offered. Pigsy scoffed, opened his mouth to speak, before closing it against and giving out a rough sigh. "Ugh, fine, alright." He gave in.

He pointed towards MK, "If she's staying here, she's staying in your room!" He demanded.

MK lit up before saluting. "Sir, yes, sir!" He said like a soldier. Pigsy raised a wooden spoon and swung it around threateningly. "Now get to work, you slacker!!" He shouted.

Mei giggled as Sandy stood. "I'll go prepare some soothing tea brews for carrots." He smiled before walking outside. Tang bid farewell and headed out to do his teacher-y duties.

....

It was later at night when everyone except the signature Monkie Kid gang was awake and waiting for MK to walk through the door.

MK entered, Y/n yawning on his back. MK smiled happily, greeting his friends. "Hey, guys!" He greeted happily before placing Y/n gently in a chair with a blanket over her shoulders.

She also had a hairpin in her hair.

Y/n sneezed, rubbing her eyes. "Heyy." She greeted softly, making Mei aww at her groggy appearance.

Y/n's cheeks were (rosier/darker/redder) than usual and the stars in her eyes didn't sparkle like they usually did. "Geez, kid, you good?" Pigsy chuckled, placing a bowl of warm noodles in front of the sick girl.

Y/n mumbled incoherently, grabbing a warm thermos from Sandy gratefully. Her ears flopped down backwards and relaxed against her head as she drank the tea. She exhaled happily, kicking her feet/paws.

Mei sat across from her in the booth, handing Y/n chopsticks. Y/n's nose twitched before she sneezed, wiping her stuffy nose. "Urgh." She groaned softly. Mei giggled. "You sneeze so cutely!" She teased.

MK smiled as well, crossing his arms happily. "Oh, oh! Lemme show you my room!" He chirped, wiping off some blue paint he had gotten on himself after helping out Sandy with his boat.

Tang waved his hand nonchalantly as he said; "I left some cough and cold medicine on your bedside table." Y/n smiled at that. "Thanks, guys." She said thankfully.

....

MK was kept up all night by Mei, having been waken up by her during the next five minutes by the female rummaging through his drawers and tossing him an outfit to wear.

Turns out Y/n was a heavy sleeper when she was sick, because she didn't stir in the slightest.

MK smiled groggily, tagging along with Mei despite his nagging urge to get a full sleep.