1.

—————
3rd pov :

Amy stood by the door and took a deep breath. She knocked on the door and Sonic opened it. Sonic uncovered his eyes from the sunlight and widened his eyes on what he saw in front of him. "What the..?" he was confused on what's going on. "Happy Sonic day to you! Happy sonic day to you, i made you chili dogs~! You're my best dream come true!" Amy sang.

When she stopped, she moved the plate of chili dogs   Close to his face and said, "I made you chili dogs. Do you love it?" She asked. "I realized there are still
sort-sa days— christmas day, easter day, valentines day, but no day to celebrate the most wonderful-lest most perfect, most dreamy hedgehog in the whole wide word-! So i decided to make one!" She said rather fast and took another breath in, "welcome.. to the very first— Sonic appreciation day!!" Amy continued on and on, while Sonic felt weirded out. (?)

When she had finally finished, sonic said, "Oh, wow.. that's alot- Amy.. thanks but, i-i'm kinda busy right now.. sorry." He apologized. Amy laughed sadly, "oh, busy! Right, haha..! Right, sure, okay, yeah.. uh, sorry- it was a dumb—" Amy stopped when Sonic closed his door. Amy looked down and frowned. When Sonic opened his door, Amy went back to her happy face. "Actually, i'll just- grab those chili dogs. It would be a shame to waste them." Sonic said, almost coldly- grabbing the plate of chili dogs and went back inside. Amy looked at this, shock. "Oh.."

~

When Amy started making her way home, she  bumped into (Y/n), a friend of hers. "Oh hey amy—" (y/n) stopped and noticed she was down. She frowned, "what happened?" She asked, Amy sniffled and didn't say anything. "Oh, well- how about we go to your house and then we'll talk. Sounds good, right?" (Y/n) said to her as Amy nodded slowly in response.

~ At Amy's house ~

After Amy explained to her what happened, she started sobbing, as (Y/n) stared at her in shock. "How could he just say that with a straight face?!" (Y/n) exclaimed and stood up, came to Amy and hugged her. "It's okay, Amy. He's just— too dumb to even notice your love for him. I think." She said. Then, Amy hugged her back tightly still letting out tears. "W-what if i don't get a chance with him at all! Ever!" She said between sobs. "How can you say that? Of course you still have a chance with hi—" she was cut off when an explosion-like sound coming from Tails' house across Amy's. They both stopped hugging and looked at each other.

They then started running towards Tails' house, to see him on the floor rubbing his head. "Tails!" (Y/n) shouted and ran to him, pulling him up carefully. "Are you alright? What happened?" Amy asked as she and (Y/n) became worried for him. Tails blushed slightly when (y/N) came to him and pulled him up. "Are you hurt?" (Y/n) asked lastly. "Uhh, i'm okay, i'm okay.." he said still having his hand on his head. "Just got a little careless is all.." he said, (y/n) looking at him, concerned.

"You could say i'm my own worst enemy." He stopped when he and (Y/n) heard sobbing. They turned to see Amy starting to cry. Tails got up on his shkes, and reassured her he was okay. "Oh no, it's not that.. i feel so silly! I tried to show Sonic how much i cared for him, but he just doesn't wanna know! Sometimes no matter what i do- he's— he's never going to love me!!" She said and bursted out in tears. As Tails was talking to Amy, feeling all bad.

"You know what your problem is?" Tails said, as Amy looked up to him. "You're coming on too strong! What does Sonic like to do more than anything?" Tails asked. Amy looked at (y/n) and (y/n) just looked away. She turned back to Tails and answered questionably with sniffles. "R-running?" She stuttered out. "Exactly! And you can't run after something that's always there, can you? Let him chase you." He said, (y/n) raised a brow. "Next time you see him, don't even look at him." Tails continued. "It will drive him crazy.." when Tails said that and also his sudden look of his expression, (y/n) looked at him. "That was weird." She whispered to herself.

Amy stared at him with stars in her eyes. "Oh, boy i can't wait!" She said with glee. "Wait, but Amy, what if it's a ba—" (Y/n) got cut off by Amy, "i'm going to ignore him so good! Tails, you are the greatest! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Amy thanked him as she shook his hand fast. "Of course! What are friends for?" He said.

Later, Amy finally had left the house, while (Y/n) stayed behind. Tails came back in with a coffee mug in his hand and almost dropped his mug when he saw that she was still here. " O-oh- what are you still doing here, (y/n)? " He asked. (Y/n) shot up and looked at him, "oh, sorry. I guess- i didn't wanna- leave yet?" She said. Tails started walking up to her and leaned by the table. " It's alright. I don't mind. " He said and drank.

———— Time skip ————

The next day, Amy and (Y/n) came over to Tails' house to tell what had happened between her and Sonic. " I did just what you said! I didn't say hello, i didn't say i love you- i didn't say anything and he didn't even look at me..!! " Amy said, sobbing. (Y/n) patted her back, " oh boy, Amy. I'm so sorry. I was sure that would work. " Tails stopped his work and said. "It's okay amy, don't cry!" (Y/n) reassured her.

" Uhm.. yeah! there's more than one way to skin a cat! " Tails said, and (Y/n) shot a weird glance at him. Tails gave off an awkward smile and scratched theback of his head. Then, an idea had hit him. " I've got it! Negging. " Amy and (Y/n) looked at him confusedly. " Negging? " They asked confusedly in sync.

" Well, it's sort of like a backhanded compliment. Like if i said, 'nice massive yellow belt. It really distracts from tour ridiculous huge ears'! " Tails explained, he turned to (Y/n), "and you!" — "what-" (Y/n) fell confused. " what an amazing personality you have, i love how it distracts me from your beauty! " he said, winking. (Y/n) blushes, " w-what.. was that supposed to be a compliment or were you-" she stopped once Tails nodded, it was a compliment.

Amy broke the short silence, " I don't know Tails. It sounds sorta mean.. " Amy said, making a point after hearing the first example he had given. " That's the whole point! You've got to break him down so he can see how much he needs you! You've got to be cruel to be kind. Give him what he gives you. " Tails said, turning back. " Unless you're mot serious about it.. "

"I-i am! I am, i am i am!" Amy repeated. "Negging! Be mean. Got it.." Amy reminded herself. (Y/n) turned to Amy, "are you sure Amy? It could be worse than- before." She said, putting both her hands on Amy's shoulders. "I have to do it, (Y/n)! I'll do anything to try and get him,!" Amy said back, she sighed backing away from (Y/n)'s hold. "Thank you Tails. You're the best." She thanked him, "of course! What are friends for.." Tails said lastly as Amy grabbed (Y/n)'s wrist and left his house.

———— Later ————

Tails, (Y/n), Sonic, and Knuckles were talking, yet mostly Sonic and Knuckles. Tails just nodded, agreeing to whatever they stated. (Y/n), feeling a wee bit nervous and Tails took notice. "What's wrong, (Y/n)?" Tails asked, putting his hand on her shoulder. The touch, was rather cold. What (Y/n) could remember was warmer than cold. Confusion hit her, and suspicion came in. The place on where the blast was in, the massive hole on Tails' house and the way Tails was acting.

(Y/n) looked away, and noticed Amy. Tails saw her and tapped on Sonic's back to get his attention, Sonic turned to Amy with a raised brow. "h-hey Sonic! Oh wow! I love your shoes—" Amy gulped, and Tails gave off a thumbs up. "—And i really love the way they cover up your horrifying feet..!" Amy continued, (Y/n) felt surprised at her comment.

Knuckles held in his laugh, "Oh. Okay. Thanks Amy. I uh, really like your outfit too.. it must be nice going out in the same old dress everyday and not having to care about how you look." Sonic replied. "Thank you.! At least i wash it, unlike you and your gross chilli stained gloves!" Amy snarked.

"Hey! They're fricking white!" Sonic furrowed. "Do you know how hard it is to keep white gloves clean AND eat chilli dogs everyday!? It's impossible!" Sonic fumed. "You know what? Just freaking leave me alone." And that was final, Sonic ran away- Knuckles bursted out in laughter and (Y/n) fell in shock as she covered her mouth- and Amy screamed in the inside.

———————————————————
1640 words