🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 26

Start from the beginning

"Atop a pure white plate sat a brilliantly red strawberry tart. For me, it shined brighter than any jewel." Riddle's voice said fondly. Even though she couldn't see it, Alice could tell that he was smiling so tenderly at the memory. 

As soon as the three boys were seated at a table at Trey's bakery, Trey laid a plate with a beautiful slice of strawberry tart down in front of Riddle. Riddle stared down at the tart in wonder, his eyes sparkling as he looked at the confection. It was so beautiful, it felt as if he was staring at a magnificent treasure.

 It was so beautiful, it felt as if he was staring at a magnificent treasure

The crust was thick and crumbly, filled with pure, sweet snow-white cream... and topped with dazzling plump red strawberries covered in glazed sugar. The joyful look on Riddle's face upon seeing it made Alice's heart swell with delight.

Riddle then slowly lifted his fork and took one of the strawberries off. As soon as he devoured the glazed strawberry, his slate gray eyes widened and sparkled like he had witnessed heaven itself as the sweetness of the fruit flowed into his mouth. "It's... It's delicious...!" he exclaimed as he felt his heart leap with sheer ecstasy.

"Right?" Che'nya asked, having already eaten a piece of his tart. "Trey's desserts are so yummy!" Riddle turned towards Trey. "You made this?" he asked in astonishment. "It's amazing!"

Trey chuckled at his compliment. "Well, I just put it together," he said, scratching the back of his head humbly. "My mom was the one who had to bake it since I'm still too young to use the oven and... uh... Hey, are you okay, Riddle?" Che'nya stopped chewing as he turned towards Riddle.

"Why are mew crying?" he asked curiously. As they looked, Riddle wept as he munched on his strawberry tart slice, tears of joy streaming down his cheeks. "...It's... it's so good...!" he replied before he happily helped himself to another bite.

"I just can't stop eating it!" Alice smiled, happy to see that Riddle had finally got something he'd been desiring for a long time

"I just can't stop eating it!" Alice smiled, happy to see that Riddle had finally got something he'd been desiring for a long time. "That first bite was wonderfully sweet. It tasted better than anything I've ever had. I savored every bite, getting completely lost in the flavor." Riddle's voice said, giving out a small laugh.

Alice wished she could watch this scene forever. To just watch Riddle smiling happily as he was surrounded by such warmth and laughter with his friends. But then, the sudden sound of something shattering rang in her ears.