Prologue 5: Welcome to the Ramshackle Dorm!

"You so gotta be kidding us!" Kira exclaimed as she and her friends stared wide-eyed at the dorm's condition. Judging by how dilapidated it was, it might as well have been a barn. The building looked so old and decrepit, it was as if no one had lived there or maintained it for over a hundred years.

The dorm's courtyard wasn't so good-looking, either. It was surrounded by an old rusty iron fence that was covered in cobwebs, the grass was dead and prickly all around and covered with overgrown weeds, and the old mansion was so rickety and worn down, it looked like it was on the very verge of collapsing in on itself! 

The large, tall bare trees gathered outside the building and the darkness inside just made it all the eerier. As much as they wanted to try another dorm that's not so decrepit, the girls didn't have any other choice on the matter.

Once Crowley opened the gates of the old dorm, the girls reluctantly forced themselves to follow him towards the building. They all decided to call it the Ramshackle Dorm, a name that seems to fit perfectly like a glove. "It...It certainly has a lot of charm." Alice said, trying to be polite.

"Are you kidding me?!" Kira scoffed. "That's way too much charm." Aria lightly elbowed Kira, earning a glare from her. "Kira-chan, show some manners!" she scolded lightly. "He's at least offering us a place to stay for the night."

"Right, right? Please come inside

"Right, right? Please come inside." Crowley said with a smile as he opened the doors for them, allowing them to step inside. However, once the girls stepped inside the dorm, they all nearly gasped in horror. If they thought that the exterior was bad, then the interior looked even worse! 

The wooden floor was covered in a thick blanket of dust, some of it was actually floating around the entire lounge room. The furniture was broken, overturned and tossed around the room, not to mention heavily decorated with cobwebs.

 The furniture was broken, overturned and tossed around the room, not to mention heavily decorated with cobwebs

The wallpaper was so old, some parts of it were peeling off and there were some ugly stains on the walls. Even the portraits hanging on the walls were crooked and the frames were falling apart. And what was worse was that there were some holes gaping through the roof!

How could this school ever leave this dorm in such disarray?! And besides the lounge, who knows how messy the other rooms are? "Um... Headmaster, how long has it been since anyone had used this dorm?" Alice asked, facing Crowley.