Prologue 8: First School Time Refresher!

That night, as the four girls settled themselves down in their new dorm, Grim questioned them as to why they would allow him to stay with them. He wondered if the girls had any alternative motives such as being top magicians of Night Raven.

But Jazmin merely shook her head and told him that she and the other girls merely wanted to help him. And Aria told him that they could understand how hard it must feel to try to prove oneself, but no one would acknowledge you for it. The girls then sat at the table and had the supper that Crowley left for them.

Their supper was steaming green onion soup with potato croquettes and a bag of chocolate cookies. It was absolutely scrumptious. "Thanks for the food!" the girls chanted as they all started eating. They even shared some of their food with Grim.

Grim was greatly taken aback for nobody had given him any food before. This was the first time anybody offered to share their meal with him. Even though he gave the girls a strange look, he just shrugged and happily dug into the food.

"All right, girls. Let's go get some sleep. We've got a big day ahead of us." Jazmin said after they've finished their meal. "Hopefully, things will look better by tomorrow." Kira sighed. "That is, if they do look better by tomorrow." The other girls nodded. "Oh, I hope so." Alice said.

And so, the five of them headed upstairs. There were a lot of rooms upstairs, so there weren't any limited options. The girls walked over towards the room at the end of the hall, and they were all pleased to see that it wasn't as dirty as it was downstairs.

After a game of rock-paper-scissors, it was decided that Alice and Kira take the room at the end of the hall whereas Aria and Jazmin take the room next to theirs. As they settled in their room, Alice yawned as she nuzzled into the cool pillow on her bed while Kira patted off some dust from her pillow.

 As they settled in their room, Alice yawned as she nuzzled into the cool pillow on her bed while Kira patted off some dust from her pillow

Grim kneaded the sheets with his claws and he gave out a tongue-curling yawn as he curled up at the end of the bed. "Jeez... I still want my tuna..." he grumbled, feeling cheated out of his tuna cans. He turned towards the girls. "You guys still owe me some tuna, so don't forget it."

Alice nodded. "You'll get your tuna, Grim. I promise." she said. "Well, g'night." Grim said as he lay down and fell asleep. Alice and Kira got themselves comfortable in their separate beds. "Honestly, I feel really scared, Kira-chan. Will we ever see our families again?" Alice asked shakily as she looked up at the ceiling.

Kira looked at her sympathetically. She really missed her home. "Don't be scared, Alice-chan. We'll find a way back home." she said before turning serious. "Whatever it takes, we will see our families again. I promise." Alice nodded. "I hope you're right, Kira-chan." she said as she turned off the light. "Good night."

"Good night, Alice-chan." Kira replied. Alice then turned to the sleeping Grim. "Good night, Grim." she whispered. As the four girls lay in their beds, their minds wandered back to their old world and thought about their families before sleep overtook them.