Prologue 16: Selfish Three!

The Faceless Monster roared as Deuce did manage to get a few good hits in, but the inky ghoul wasn't planning on going down so easily. As Deuce battled against the Monster, the four girls all stood there helplessly, watching him fight this monstrous...thing!

They were right. Those fairytale battles were nothing compared to this. It was all just childish nonsense. There was absolutely no way one person can fight a powerful monster like that alone.

Of course, the girls could completely understand Deuce's reason. They understood how he felt about facing expulsion by the Headmaster, but seriously... Why was Deuce facing this horrible thing alone? What made him think he could? There has got to be a better way.

Deuce fired off a few more spells, attacking the beast. But as soon as they made contact, the Faceless Monster rose to its full height and let out aloud, earsplitting screech that sent chills running through the teens' spines.

"Leave! Leave!! LEEEEEAAVE!!!" the beast howled as it slammed its pickaxe against the ground, creating a massive shockwave that nearly knocked them off their feet. Dark purple energy came bursting through the cracks at blinding speed.

"Guuuuh!!" Deuce barely had enough time to defend himself before the attack hit him head-on, sending him flying and slamming against the mine's walls. "Oh, no! Deuce-kun, no!" the girls all cried out in horror as Alice and Aria immediately ran to his side. Ace merely glanced at him before letting out a scoff.

 Ace merely glanced at him before letting out a scoff

"Stand back if you have no control, Mr. Serious! I'll stop it!" he said as he took out his magic pen and casted a spell. "Haa!" Ace exclaimed as he released a strong spell on the ink ghoul, but all it did was push the beast back against the stone wall.

"Wuuuuuuooooooohhh!!!" it roared fiercely as it attacked Ace with the same move. "Guuhaaaah!!" Ace screamed as he got slammed into the wall as well, landing right beside Deuce and the four girls. Grim was the only magic user left, but his fear was overpowering his rationality and he was too terrified to keep his aim straight.

"Ffgnaaa!! Stay away!!" Grim shrieked as he frantically tried to summon his flames to protect himself, but he completely missed as the blue flames barely even fazed the Faceless Monster

"Ffgnaaa!! Stay away!!" Grim shrieked as he frantically tried to summon his flames to protect himself, but he completely missed as the blue flames barely even fazed the Faceless Monster. "Grrrrr!!!" the Faceless Monster growled as it rose to its full height, glowering at the foolish intruders who dared to enter its domain.