1.2-The Beginning of Chaos

(a/n I changed the title of the book to Can't catch me now. The song was so good!)

CATCHING FIRE
"THE GAME"

1.2
"THE BEGINNING OF CHAOS"

—DISTRICT 1 WAS A DISTRICT known for their craftsmanship and luxury items

DISTRICT 1 WAS A DISTRICT known for their craftsmanship and luxury items. But they're also known for a certain girl who brought light of hope and fame to them. And Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire, couldn't deny that there was a small ounce of envy for the Capitol's princess.  It's been weeks after the reaping for the quarter quell, she had survived the hunger games not long ago before she was reaped once more.

No doubt that both her and Peeta would face stronger competitions, the capitol favourites.

Which was why they were gathered in the living room, as Haymitch paced in front of them to explain every single victors from each district starting from 1. "I want you guys to forget everything you think you knew about the games. Last year was child's play. This year you're all dealing with all experienced killers." Haymitch told them.

"Alright... What's that mean for us?"

"That means you're gonna have some allies."  Katniss was quick to deny the former victor. 

"Like it or not, these people know each other and have been friends for years." Haymitch reasoned with her

"That just put us higher in their kill list!" She watched as Haymitch shook his head and walked towards the tv.

"You can do it your own way, but I know these people. Especially Snow's number 1 pick. In the game, you're going alone and their first move is going to hunt you down. Both of you."

"How can we even trust them?" Peeta asked. 

"It's not about that. It's about survival and trying to stay alive." The older blonde switched on the tv, and the tributes from district one appeared. Two attractive figures; a tall, blonde haired, muscular man and a dark haired woman that's slightly shorter than him, both dressed in luxurious clothing that not only showed the wealth they had, but emitted strength, power and control.

"Irene and Gloss" Haymitch introduced them. "Friends, but some would say, they're like brother and sister. From District 1. He's strong and she's smart."

"I heard of her." Peeta said. "She won the 66th game at 13. I tried to study her tactics, but they're very unpredictable and complicated."

"Making her the youngest next to Finnick." Haymitch nodded. "Everyone tributes during that game, was scared of her. Portwell won because everyone thought she played into their hands, when in reality, they're the ones who became the victim of their own game." He chuckled. "She's one manipulative little bitch."