twenty (20)

Check the tws in the description
I am depressed, so I listened to 'Less and Less' by Matt Maltese and 'Lifewaster' by Corpse, which both fit quite well with this chapter (:

Grian awoke at the sound of fireworks firing into the sky, which when he looked around presumed that it must have been Ex flying somewhere. He looked at his communicator, seeing numerous amounts of private messages;

(To Grian) From Xisuma: Grian what happened to Xelqua? I cant find any traces of people with that IGN?
(To Grian) From Goodtimeswithscar: Is Xelqua actually okay? What happened?
(To Grian) From Mumbo: What did Scar read?
(To Grian) From BDouble0100: Can i have context?

He sighed, inhaled sharply, then choked on his breath... remembering. How everything had gone to shit. How everything had gone badly in his life. He shouldn't have thought that he'd been safe of Hermitcraft. He wasn't. They knew. And god-knows that Scar could have told everyone now.

His breathing patterns had spiralled, quickening in pace. He couldn't breathe. He had to get out of there. Anywhere but there. Even if it meant going back to the hellhole of a life he had before. At least they didn't know about his fucking problems.

He clawed at his neck, trying to open any airway he could. He jumped up, running almost desperately to the window.

Being in Hermitcraft was nice while it lasted.
It was a shame that had to come to an end now.
Goodbye world.
Goodbye 'friends'.
Goodbye.

He didn't even leave a note, instead he just flew off in any direction he could. As far as he could before he physically couldn't anymore. But he realised how his communicator could probably be tracked, so he threw it at a tree, abandoning the shards in one giant head as he continued by foot. He had to keep moving.

He was almost sure that the communicator was entirely broken now, which was a shame because he found a sense of comfort in that beforehand, the secure feeling that if anything happened he could message people, and then they can help him.

Someone he would especially miss was Ex, who had been nothing but nice. Most, if not all of the hermits had been nice to him throughout their time together, but Ex... damn. The one who listened to him just a few hours previously, the one who had been there to always light up the mood when it was low with his funny little one-liners or the comedically-timed cursing that spewed endlessly from his mouth.

But, nice things had to come to an end.

Nobody likes sad finales, but not everyone can have a happy ending. It was just one of those things.

He sat down at a lake, far away from spawn (Tens of thousands of blocks) and dragged the tips of his shoes through the water. Ripples floated endlessly along the sheet of water. The world moved by around him, drifting carefully. Birds of all species squawked gleefully from the trees, which was quite a contrast to what Grian felt to be. The sun set in the distance, but instead of a perfect picturesque pink taint to the sky, it was a murky yellow.

His mind was drifting away. He felt so tired, but at the same time he didn't. He'd ran out of fireworks, so all he could really travel by was by foot, but his legs ached and as did his arms, so he'd have to settle for sleeping somewhere close to his current location, then he'd move again in the morning.

He hid the best he could in a nearby tree from the mobs, and tried to drift off, his eyes painful when he closed them, quickly forming a headache that made his head feel oddly weighted and limp. Though it didn't take very long to fall into a slumber, it was going to be a very cold night for him, and it would be for the foreseeable future, well unless he... y'know, died.

And into an empty world of nothingness he entered as he slept.

-

Ex didn't panic. Grian probably just went home.

Okay, maybe he did panic. Not too much though. It was... okay.

He probably wanted to be alone, and it was understandable. But no note?

He looked a bit of an idiot honestly, standing dumbly holding a leather book that definitely looked out of both place and character in his hands, all while staring intensely at a small segment of the sofa, as though it looked at him funny and was set to explode.

He'd check up on him tomorrow. And no, he wasn't going to read the book. Unless he really had to. He hid it in the back corner of his desk drawer, covered by miscellaneous items that varied in size, shape, thickness, and sentimental value.

He'd check up on him tomorrow. He was a bit tired after all.

He'd check up on him tomorrow. He would, he really would.

He just needed a good nights sleep to process what in the actual fuck had happened in that day.

He needed to eat first, then he would probably get a well-needed, early night. So naturally, he decided on a good old meal of baked potatoes and chicken. One of his personal favourites, he'd tried being vegetarian once, and it was quite easy... but chicken. IT WAS SO GOOD FOR WHAT REASON??? But yeah, the meal was good, so he got ready for bed and followed through with his actions. And eventually, Hermitcraft was a world of mainly sleeping people.

-

Grian awoke with a bump. As it turns out, sleeping on a thin branch as someone who known to roll in his sleep was not a good idea.

He didn't seem to have many good ideas recently.
His jumper didn't feel as thick as it had been (though it was still the exact same) and within half an hour of waking up he'd had to grimly pull out like 5 blisters from his hands.

He wished he could have stayed. He truly did... but he couldn't stay. Not anymore.

Hopefully things would get better, even with his low levels of hope, he still had a small wish that they would.

He wanted to get found, but also he didn't, it was very confusing.

But for now, he figured he'd be best just continuing his endless journey to a lonely life as far as he could get, even if it took years to get there, even if everyone moved onto other seasons and he was just left here to rot. He was okay to never be found.

-
Do you guys want to be happy or sad (in the end)?
It might not be the end yet but it's coming close^^

Predictions:

Also for those of you who have read all of this so far, what are your opinions?

i know its an odd day for an upload, but i had a random spark of motivation so i decided to write, also i guess it makes up for the lack of update on Sunday <33333

Also you guys should totally follow me if you've not already (not forced though)

Tuesday 20th September 2022

1208 words!!