Chapter Five

"So, do you like Javan?"

One of the women, called Naama, asks you teasingly, while you help the women of the tribe cut up the meat of the hunted animals.

You have been living with Javan for about three weeks, or at least that's how you kept count of the days.

"No, he is like a brother to me" you quickly deny.

Even though Javan is handsome and a gentleman, you don't want any words to slip out that you have a crush on the man.

Or else it might reach Javan and make him uncomfortable.

"Oh, but it seems like he considers you more than a sister" you shrug at her.

You honestly doubt that Javan has any type of romantic feelings towards you in this short while.

Like there is no possible way for him to develop any romantic feelings in this short while, is there?

"You and Javan don't look good together anyways" one of the girls who you come to learn name to be Sana, says.

You ignore the girl, not in the mood to deal with her noticeable jealousy toward you.

To be honest, you are not in the mood to deal with any human being right now.

But, Sana decides to add fuel to your mood.

"I also think you shouldn't be loving with him alone, who knows what you might do with him"

That's when you finally stare at the girl while still holding the sharp object in your hand.

You give her a smile that is laced with an apparent threat.

"If you don't shut your mouth, I'm going to get you and throw your body to the wolves"

All women stare at you with wide eyes realizing how serious you sound right now.

"Slut, you are probably from Cain's tribe"

You don't say anything as you notice Javan standing behind Sana.

"What did you just call her?"

Sana's eyes widen, as she quickly turns around to face the man she has always admired.

"I. I didn't mean-" Javan cuts her off.

"Do you why satan has fallen from paradise, Sana?"

This question, even though not directed toward you, send shivers down your spine.

"Because he envied Adam" Javan glares at her.

"Exactly, and if you don't apologize to her right now for accusing her falsely, you shall be condemned in hell for entirnity"

Sana huffs in annoyance at the young man's words, finding it funny.

"Speaking about hell when you are hanging around, touching hands, and flirting with a woman who is not your wife"

Flirting?

You don't even remember Javan ever flirting with you.

"I still have not asked her to marry me"

Your mouth almost drops in shock, not expecting that from him.

"Alright, she is in front of you, ask her to marry you" Sana challenges.

Javan turns towards, you while you stare at him with wide eyes, not believing that he is going to do that.

"Will you marry me, (Y/n)?"

"No"