Chapter One

All you could remember is getting in a fight with two men and them chasing after you, trying to apologise.

Everything else is blurry, you remember many people but you don't remember their names not their relation to you.

You only remember the basics, like your family, religion, modern world stuff.

Right now, you are laying in what looks like a cave, the ground is furnished with animal skin and fur to keep the place warm.

There are clay bowls filled with fruits, laying in the corner of the cave.

You crawl slowly to the exit, only to discover that this cave is in a mountain, not on land.

You quickly crawl backwards in fear and confusion.

Where are you?

Did someone kidnap you?

Why are you draped in furs?

"I see that you have finally woken up"

You stare at the stranger as he enters the cave, clad in fur as well, but there's something strange.

He looks to be very tall, and his body is slim yet a bit ripped at the arms and legs, probably due to doing heavy tasks.

The stranger also has green eyes and moist long dark hair.

His skin has light scratch marks here and there, something which will disappear with time.

Indeed, you can't deny that he is good-looking, but you feel like he is hiding something behind his innocent pretty features.

There is also something weird, you understand what he is saying.

You know for a fact that you have never heard this language before, but how can you understand him is strange.

"What's your name?"

"(Y/n)" you answer with a soft tone, looking down at your feet, shying away from his gaze.

"I'm Javan"

Javan keeps space between you both, not wanting to make you feel more uncomfortable than you already are.

"Are you from Cain's tribe?"

Your eyes widen in shock, looking back up at Javan.

He can't possibly mean what you think he means, Cain and Abel.

"I don't remember anything" you surprise yourself by replying in his language.

"Well, until you remember everything, I will convince my tribe to take you in" you smile slightly.

"Thank you for your kindness" Javan gives you a smile for your gratitude.

꧁𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍꧂

"No"

"Why not father? She needs help, she doesn't remember anything"

"You know why, What if she is from Cain's tribe? those people are nothing but sinners, we are forbidden to interact with them"

Javan frowns at his father but doesn't give up.

"I promise to take responsibility for her, she will stay in my home, and I will teach her everything"

Nagam stops what he is doing and looks at his son's pleading eyes.

"She is kind and shy, we are told to keep women safe, and if the men of Cain tribe saw her, they will..."

Javan stops speaking, already knowing that his father got the point.

"I do not mind"

Javan's eyes brighten up in happiness, happy that he was able to convince his father.

"But there is a condition, you know that you can't take care of her unless she is-" Javan cuts his father off.

"Unless she is my mother, daughter, sister or wife, I know father"

Javan smirks at his father, his dimples adding more to his insincerity.

"Don't worry, I will speak with her about marriage later"