1: Heart of Glass

Start from the beginning

I nodded at her and started waddling towards the rose bush. Most of the roses haven't bloomed yet.

Looking at now blue sky, I asked myself for the nth time. What am I going to do now? I don't know why I'm here nor have no clue how I can go back. Should I just go with the flow?

Somewhere from afar, a gong of the bell resounded. Must be a nearby church.. or what is it someone being executed? Maybe because I'm in a mortal body that I suddenly got chills at thought of death.

Is this some kind of premonition?

Pushing the awful thoughts at the very corner of my brain I decided to do an exploration around the garden since Haisley was taking so long to come back. The garden was pretty small but since I was in a body of a child it took me quite a while for me to look around.

From then on, the garden became my favorite spot. A place where I can mull over what life has given me and life itself, even emote my predicament.

A perfect example of this predicament happened two years later, when I turned five.

I could say that my life is in danger. In thirteen years I'll die in the hands of my father. A father I never saw or lay my eyes upon, not even the end of his hair nor his shadow.

Haisley told me who I was once. Since she always called me the title that was given to me: princess or highness, I never had the chance to know what this child's name is until recently.

Princess Elaine Gwyneth Arias. That's the first hint that I got. Elaine... I have the same name as the princess.

The Kingdom of Luville was ruled by King Edmund Drishti Arias. At first, I thought the names sounded familiar but quickly forgotten about it.

Then yesterday the five-year-old me was minding my own business outside the entrance of the palace, when an unfamiliar maid approached me looking like I had just stepped on a dog poop and wiped it on her.

"If it isn't the Abandoned Princess," she greeted me with a sneer.

Right there and then I remember the book I've read, My Fair Maiden. It was the poorly written book that Cianna, the Goddess of Light, made.

I quickly ignored the rude maid because of my sudden dilemma causing it to anger her more and stomped away in irate.

After living in a world called Earth, Cianna told me about everything she'd done. She spoke of books she read, mostly about a person who got reincarnated into a character in a book or a game after dying in their previous life.

Perhaps that's why out of nowhere she suddenly wrote a book.

Hold on a minute. I died...?

How in the- who killed me? Cianna?

Why?

Did my harsh critique push her to kill me?

"Princess? Are you alright? Should we go back?" Haisley asked worriedly. Ever since yesterday when the revelation had dawned upon me, I became more absentminded making Haisley agitate for my being. "Your complexion doesn't look good."

I shook my head and then stared at the blank paper on my lap.

"How about I get some treats from the kitchen? I heard the chef was baking some cookies."

A leaf landed on my paper. "Okay." I nodded.

When Haisley left I looked up at the canopy of leaves, it swayed with the cool afternoon wind. I still have thirteen more years which was enough for me to save some money and escape this place.