He was so warm and his heartbeat was so comforting and...

You never wanted to leave.

Levi caught on to the way your body slumped against his, the way a defeated sigh left your lips. He leaned down to press a kiss to your bare shoulder.

"We'll be okay," he whispered against your skin.

You nodded and buried your face into his chest, getting as much contact as possible before you had to leave.

To lighten the mood, Levi dropped the towel and hoisted you up over his shoulder, making you squeal in surprise. He walked out the bathroom and toward the kitchen, with you struggling in his arms.

"Levi!" You squealed as he bit at your bare hip.

And all throughout the morning, you were graced with his gentle touches and soft kisses, both of you completely forgetting what dangers you were about to face.

¤¤¤¤

"Captain." August greeted you as you and Levi boarded the blimp, hand in hand.

You nodded in return with a small smile, too distracted by the small voice in your head that kept telling you that everything would go wrong today.

Everyone was rushing around, trying to get everything ready for when you took off. Levi led you straight to the front of the ship, into a small room that you assumed was the cockpit.

He opened the door, and you noticed Hange standing there with Onyankopon, the pilot. Hange turned to face you, her black Scouts uniform neat and pristine. You smiled slightly; she'd really taken on the role of Commander so well.

"You guys ready?" she asked, her voice lacking the spark that it once had. Though, that may have been because of the situation you were about to face.

"Yeah." Levi nodded, his fingers digging into the fabric of your uniform, his nervousness at an all-time high.

"Good," Hange replied. "We're taking off in five minutes. Can you two go and make sure that everyone is on board and ready?" she asked.

You nodded, then took Levi's hand and started to lead him out the room. "Of course."

¤¤¤¤

After a few hours of impatience and anxiety, Onyankopon announced that you were approaching Marley.

Your stomach was in knots, your hands were shaking, your mind running at a million miles per minute, hoping and praying that nothing would happen, that nothing would go wrong.

"Hey," Levi murmured, placing his hand on your waist to try and stop you from moving around so much. "Calm down."

"I-" you stammered, your breath becoming shallow. "Sorry, I-"

"Don't apologise," he told you, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you in close. Your arms were still by your sides, so you were at complete mercy to his grip. "Nothing is going to happen. You'll be fine."

"Levi-"

"No talking," he whispered, then pressed his lips against yours with so much force that you completely forgot about all your troubles.

When he pulled away, you looked at him, unamused. "I hate when you do that," you admitted.

Levi chuckled. "Well, it's the only way I can get you to shut up."