Chapter Ten

Alya sat under a tree, watching the Beautifly's, a small smile on her face. "So this is where you have been!" Adaman smiled at her, sitting down, watching the Beautifly. "Did you find her"Adaman asked looking at her, a small smile on his face. "Yeah, she wanted to stay with the others, so I'll just visit"Alya nodded. Eevee bounded around, her tail wagging excitedly. "I'm heading on another adventure tomorrow"Alya smiled. "Alright, you just be careful, I'll be awaiting your return"Adaman smiled. She looked at him, noticing his hair was down instead of its usual style. "Ah, I fell asleep"Adaman chuckled rubbing the back of his head. She leaned against him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He smiled down at her, wrapping an arm around her waist.

Honchkrow nudged him, coming closer silently. Eevee bounded over, Adamans Leafeon smiling down at her. Both curled up side by side, falling asleep. "I like moments like this, where we can just be in peace and not really have to worry about anything"Alya smiled. "Yeah, but I have to get back to my duties soon, you know that"Adaman chuckled shaking his head. She gave him a small grin, and poked his cheek. "I better go finish them anyway"Adaman adds removing his arm. She stared, watching him walk away, a small frown on her face. "Hey Alya?" Melli waved to her, walking over. "You alright?"Melli asked.

"Adaman has been more busy"Alya responded glancing at him. "It's not that I don't mind it...I know how he feels because I'm always busying myself with planning upcoming adventures...but there are times where I do wish he could spend much more time with me"Alya adds hugging her legs to her chest, petting her Honchkrow. Melli stared at her, rubbing the back of his neck. "I know, it's selfish...."Alya adds. Melli opened his mouth, but closed it not really knowing what to say to her. Alya sighed and got to her feet. "I better start heading back so I can get prepared to leave tomorrow"Alya says.

Melli grabbed her hand, his eyes widening in alarm. "Melli?"Alya blinked. "Ah...sorry, I did that unconsciously"Melli says quietly, releasing her. A hand was placed on his shoulder, Alya giving him a concerned look. "Are you alright?"Alya asked worried. "Well, there's just been this thought I've had stuck in my head..."Melli says glancing at her. "If...you didn't end up with Adaman, who...would you think you'd end up with..."Melli responded. Alya blinked at him startled. "I've never really thought about it, if I'm being honest I probably would've just focused on myself more often and what I wanted...instead of worrying about a man the whole time"Alya muttered.

She rubbed her hands together, feeling uncomfortable with this conversation. "Sorry." She looked at Melli, noticing the guilty look on his face. "I shouldn't have brought it up"Melli sighed turning away. She stared at him, before looking away. "I better get going to go get my things...I'll be leaving tomorrow"Alya suggests turning away. "Yeah....cya.."Melli nodded glancing at her. She walked away, Delcatty bounding after her. Honchkrow took to the sky, Eevee and Spheal bounding after them. Sneasel leaped up onto her shoulder, hitching a ride. "Hey Alya"Mai greeted waving to her. "Hey..."Alya greeted looking at her.

"What's got you so down?"Mai asked walking beside her. "Don't worry about it! It's not that important!"Alya grinned looking at her. "If it was you know I would've told you or Arezu, and If I told Arezu she would've told you and Palina and then you three would know what's the matter with me"Alya grinned. Mai smiled slightly, knowing that was exactly how things would've went. "ALYAAAAAA!" Arezu threw her arms around Alya's neck, startling her. Alya laughed, hugging Arezu tight amused. "Don't leave me and go on one of your adventures!!"Arezu pleaded giving her the Growlithe eyes. "Oh, don't give me those eyes!"Alya gasped looking away.

"Pwease, don't weave me!"Arezu pleaded. "Oh get off!"Alya laughed shoving her friend away amused. "Mweanie!"Arezu sniffed pouting. Alya rolled her eyes, Arezu noticing her spirits were lifting. "Adaman won't be busy for much longer you know!"Arezu grinned. Alya stopped smiling, staring her down intently. "EAVESDROPPER!"Alya yelled lunging for Arezu. Arezu dodged and took off, laughter coming from the two as they ran around Mai. Mai watched them silently but amused, Arezu using her as a shield to keep Alya from grabbing her. "She's gonna get you"Mai states. "No she won't!"Arezu laughed running off, Alya chasing after her.

Mai shook her head, then looked down at Alya's pokemon. "Come on, lets head back, I'll get you guys a snack"Mai beckoned. She walked away, the sound of distant laughter making her smile slightly. Adaman walked past, talking with an elder, a small frown on his face. She placed a hand on his shoulder, causing her brother to jump in surprise. "You're taking a break"Mai insists. "I'll take over for three days"Mai adds on. "Eh.."Adaman blinked staring at her startled. "You're going with Alya on an adventure, you need to relax a little"Mai insists. "You sure, it's gonna be a lot?"Adaman says giving her a look. Mai hit him outside the head and nodded. "I'm sure"Mai smiled.