CHAPTER 4 - THE QUEEN AND HER CHAMPIONS

That dream again...

I was bathing in an endless void. The light was blooming, giving life to everything. There was this mysterious figure, shining like none other. Its voice was echoing, telling me the same message as always...

By spirit's essence, not by blood's color.

What did it mean?

I woke up from my dream's mystery. Rays of sunshine warmed my face. They forced my eyes to delicately open. I found myself in a grand room. It was decorated with a touch of royalty, as if a king or queen lived inside those quarters. This was the first time that I found myself bathing in such luxury. It was also my first time sleeping on such a comfortable bed.

A warm presence was seated at my side, sleeping soundly and her upper body laid on the bedrest, like a mother watching over her bedridden child. Lady Urbosa... Her long and lovely hair of crimson, her gorgeous bronze skin; even in her sleep, she looked like a goddess to me.

But how did I arrive here? I remembered being refused entry by that guard. He assaulted me brutally. The pain to my chest was gone, but my body remembered it through a sudden and intense soreness. Then I walked around the grand street, lost, hopeless and with nowhere to go. I heard a voice; the same one that had cocked my mother on her bed before. A sudden pain batted my head and made me fall into completed darkness, but only to be awaken in Lady Urbosa's arms. I can't remember anything beyond that.

Her sleep became shaken. Slowly, her eyes started lifting the heaviness from there. Her green eyes jolted in a shocking relief when they aimed at me. She didn't lose time to embrace in her arms. I can't remember the last time I was ever held as such.

"G-Good morning, Lady—" My voice seemed muffled in her arms.

"Oh, Zelda!" she sighed with loud relief, then cupped my face in her warm hands. "My little bird! You're okay! Praise Hylia, you're okay!"

"It's thanks to you," I smiled, almost breaking in tears again.

"I was starting to worry when you didn't wake up. You were asleep for a whole week!"

Shock took me. I was asleep for an entire week? I couldn't believe it! Was I so much in a bad shape that the next seven days were spent through deep sleep? But as I tried to stretch my arms just a little bit, I felt a good restraint coming from the remainder of little aches.

"Ah, the little one has finally awakened!" Someone entered the room. I was in awe of her appearance.

She was a young woman of petite composure, but her presence radiated the utmost warmth. It was like seeing kindness in the form of flesh. Lady Urbosa made way for her to have a look at me. Her long and lovely hair carried a warm shape of reddened pink. Her eyes glowed like golden hazel. As her delicate touch and gaze examined me, seeing her wearing the same azure clothing as Lady Urbosa, my mind suddenly came to a revelation.

"You're..." I said in awe. "You're Lady Mipha, Head of House Ruta."

She nodded, humming. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Zelda."

"Oh, m-my apologizes, Lady Mipha! I should have bowed to—"

Lady Mipha held me gently by my torso. "No need for formalities. As of now, I care more about your wellbeing than a simple gesture of respect. Besides, a friend of Urbosa's is a friend of mine."

"T-Thank you, Lady Mypha." I said, shyly. Her smile gave me a reassuring sense.

As I sat back on the bed, her hands emitted a blue glow of magic. Her hands rested on different parts of my body, inspecting if any hurt was left. She was very meticulous, but her actions through her touch were delicate. I had heard of Lady Mipha of House Ruta from the Zora clan. The Zoras were gifted with aquatic prowess and had a very long longevity. I had heard that her father, Lord Dorephan, had outlived the two previous kings of Hyrule.