Chapter 9- DH

Elizabeth woke up early and went into the kitchen to make herself a hot cup of tea and some breakfast. Hermione had managed to sneak some food before they left, it was only simple things... some bread, cereal and tea bags and coffee grinds. It was fortunate Grimmauld Place still had hot water. 

Coming back into the living room. She noticed a body missing, Dark shapes had been made on the floor where they slept. Hermione and Ron were still asleep, their hands almost touching. She smiled. 

Elizabeth looked up at the shadowy ceiling when it creaked. She look out her wand from her boot and slowly walked up the stairs, one creaking every so often. 

When she got to the top of the stairs, she looked around and noticed a shivering light coming from one of them rooms. She walked closer to the room and read the nameplate. Sirius. She pushed the door open and saw Harry reading a piece of paper. She walked forward and stood behind him reading a letter; 

Dear Padfoot, 
Thank you for Harry's birthday present! It was his favourite by far. One year old and he's already zooming along on a toy broomstick. He looked so pleased with himself. I'm enclosing a picture so you can see. You know it only rises about two feet off the ground but he nearly killed the cat and he smashed a horrible vase Petunia sent me for Christmas. (No complaints there). Of course, James thought it was so funny, says he's going to become a great Quidditch player, but we've had to put away all the ornaments. 
We had a very nice, quiet birthday tea, just us and old Bathilda, who has always been sweet to us and who dotes on Harry. We were so sorry you couldn't come but the order's got to come first and Harry's not old enough to know it's his birthday anyway! James is getting a bit frustrated shut up here, he tries not to show it but I can tell. Also Dumbledore's still got his invisibility cloak so no chance of a little excursion. If you could visit, it would cheer him up so much. Wormy was here last weekend, I thought he seemed down but that was probably the news about the McKinnon; I cried all evening when I heard. 
Bathilda drops in every other day. She's a fascinating old thing with the most amazing stories about Dumbledore! I'm not sure he'd be pleased if he knew! I don't know how much to believe, actually, because it seems incredible that Dumbledore-

Harry impatiently brushed away the wetness in his eyes. 

"Dumbledore what?" Elizabeth asked, making Harry jump. 

"What?" he asked. 

"It seems it seems incredible that Dumbledore- what? Where did you find this? Was there anymore papers?" Harry pointed to the floor where he found it. 

"But more importantly, why did Dumbledore have dad's invisibility cloak? He told me he didn't need an invisibility cloak to become invisible."

Elizabeth scanned the  floor then with every paper she'd find she would scan for any relec=vence from the previous paper. She pulled out drawerers and shook books, ran her hand over the top of the wardrobe and crawled under the bed. 

At last, laying face down under the bed she spotted what looked like a torn up piece of paper. When she pulled it and herself out it proved to be most of the photo Lily had described in her letter. A dark-brown haird boy was zooming in and out of the picture on a tiny broom. Elizabeth smiled and handed the photo to Harry. before continuing to look for the second sheet. 

After another half and hour, however, she was forced to conclude that the rest of her mothers letters were gone. Maybe it had been lost in the past sixteen years that elasped since it had been written.

"Harry? Elizabeth?"

"In here!" called Elizabeth. 

"What happened?" asked Harry. 

There was a clatter of footsteps outside the door and Hermione burst inside. 

"We woke up and couldn't find either of you!" she said breathlessly. She turned around and shouted over her shoulder, "Ron! I've found them!" 

Ron's voice echoed distantly from a few floors below. "Good! Tell them they're gits!" 

"Harry, Elizabeth, don't just disappear... please! We were terrified. Why did you come up here, anyway?" she looked around the ransack room. "What have you been doing?" 

"Look what I've found." He held out his mothers letter. Hermione look it from him and she read it. When she reached the end of the paper, she looked at him, "Oh, Harry..."

"Then there's this too." He handed Hermione the torn up photograph. She smiled at the picture. 

"I've been looking for the rest of the letter but its not here," Elizabeth said and Hermione glanced around the room. 

"Did you make all this mess or was some of it done when you got here?" 

"Someone had searched before me," said Harry. 

"I thought so. Every room I looked into on the way up had been disturbed."

"What do you think they're after?" Ron asked. 

"Information about the order, if it was Snape," replied Harry.

"But you'd think he'd already have all he needed, he was apart of the order after all," Hermione said.

"Maybe information about Dumbledore. The second part of this letter is gone and it contained something about Dumbledore," said Elizabeth. 

"You know this Bathilda my mum mentions, you who she is?" Harry asked. 

"Who?" 

"Bathilda Bagshot, the Author of..."

"A history of magic," said Hermione, looking interested. "So your parents knew her? She was an incredible magical historian."

"And she's still alive," said Harry. "She lives in Godrics Hollow, Ron's Auntie Muriel was talking about her at the wedding. She knew Dumbledore's family too. Be pretty interesting to talk to wouldn't she?" hinted Harry. 

"I understand why you'd love to talk to her about your mum and dad and Dumbledore too," said Hermione. "But that wouldn't exactly help us in search for the horcruxes, would it?" Harry nor Elizabeth respond and Hermione rushed on. "Harry i know you want to go to Godric's Hollow but I'm scared... I'm scared at how easily those death eaters found us yesterday. They'd be expecting to visit your parents, we should avoid that area."

There was a pause. 

"Let's go get breakfast."