Chapter 7-HBP

A few weeks passed,  Ron got the keeper in Quidditch. He was playing his first game today. 

Breakfast was the usual excitable affair next morning; the Slytherins hissed and booed loudly as every Gryffindor member entered the great hall. Elizabeth glanced at the ceiling and nudged Harry. "Look, a clear sky, a good omen, right?" Harry nodded. 

The Gryffindor table, a solid mass of red and gold, cheered as Harry, Ron and Elizabeth approached. Elizabeth smiled, Harry grinned and waved. Ron grimaced and shook his head. 

"Cheer up, Ron!" Called Lavender. "I know you'll do great!" Ron ignored her, but Elizabeth as she sat down smiled at her and patted the empty seat next to her. She beamed and sat next to her. 

"Sorry about Ron, he can be really annoying sometimes."

"I wish he noticed me," sighed Lavender. Elizabeth smiled sadly. 

"DON'T DRINK THAT RON!" Elizabeth, Lavender, Harry and Ron glanced up at her. 

"Why not?" Hermione was now looking at Harry. 

"You put something in his drink, I saw you!" Exclaimed Hermione. 

"Ron, I'm warning you! Don't drink it!" But Ron paid no attention and downed to liquid. 

"Stop bossing me around." Hermione looked scandalised. Bending low, so that only Harry could hear her, "You should be expelled for that!"

"Look who's talking," whispered Harry. "Confunded anyone lately?" Hermione stormed out of the Great Hall and Harry watched her go with no regret. Hermione never really understood the seriousness of Quidditch business. 

Gryffindor had won the quidditch game! "Party in the common room!" Seamus yelled to the Gryffindors. 

"Looking for Ron?" Ginny asked as Harry approached her. "He's over there, the filthy hypocrite," she continued, smirking. 

Harry looked into the corner she was indicating. There, in full view of the whole room, Ron stood wrapped so closely to Lavender Brown, it was hard to tell whose hand were whose. You could hear Elizabeth cheering for the two. 

"It looks like he's eating her face off doesn't it?" Ginny said approaching Hermione and Harry. Hermione hummed and left the common room. 

Harry darted out of the out common room and searched for Hermione. He found her in the first unlocked classroom, sitting on the teacher's desk, with yellow birds circling her head. 

Ron stormed into the common room and sat next to Lavender who sat next to Elizabeth. "What's wrong won, won?" 

"Hermione attacked me with her stupid birds." 

"Don't worry Ron, she's probably just jealous. She'll grow out of it." Ron hummed in response and put his arm around Lavender. 

"I'm going to bed, night guys!" Elizabeth stood up and went over to Neville. 

"I'm off to bed," she kissed him on the lips and hugged him tightly. Neville put his arms around her waist. "Goodnight, love." He kissed her head and let go.