23

I drove us to Harry's house because I wanted to have some alone time with him. That plan was immediately ruined from the moment we walked in to the living room.

Niall and Gemma were on top of each other on the couch sucking each other's faces off. It was honestly shocking. I wondered what Harry must have been thinking about the situation. Surely he would be upset about it. Harry cleared his throat and they quickly jumped off of each other.

"Oh um hey Harry. How are you?" Gemma said, blush evident on her cheeks.

"How are you is what you start with. How about you tell me why you're making out with my friend?" Harry asked.

"Gemma and I are together" Niall replied.

How could he say it so easily. Was he not ashamed of being with someone older than him?

"Together as in dating?" I asked, baffled.

"Yes"

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Harry's tone was actually sincere. Was he actually okay with this?

"We didn't know how you would react Haz" Gemma responded.

"You know I'll always support every decision of yours Gems. No matter what"

"Aww thanks Harry"

"So does that mean I have your blessing?" Niall asked, hopeful.

"Yes you Irish idiot" Harry chuckled.

Harry suggested we go to my house instead do they could have some time to themselves. I agreed because I couldn't argue with him. After I parked my car at my house, we walked into the house and greeted Lottie on the way to my room. I wondered why she was there and not in school but when I saw mum in the kitchen, I realised something must have happened.

"Who would have thought? Niall and Gemma. Nemma. Or Giall. No Nemma is better" Harry said, flopping onto my bed. I found it adorable.

"Don't you think it's weird? I mean Niall is so much younger than her" I replied.

"She's 21 Lou not 48"

"It's still a three year age gap. I think it's weird"

"We have a two year age gap and no one's complaining so how is this a problem"

"I'm just saying"

"No Louis. That's stupid of you to even think about. They're cute together and they're happy. Isn't that what matters?"

"But it's not normal Haz"

"We have a two year age gap and to top it all off we're gay but no one has judged us at all"

"I'm not judging them Harry"

"Yes you are. You know what I'm done arguing. I'm leaving" he stormed out of the room and I heard his footsteps running down the stairs. I ran after him passing Lottie who looked confused.

I was right behind him and caught up to him outside. I knew he wouldn't go anywhere because he didn't have a car let alone a licence to drive one.

"Harry wait. I'm sorry okay. Just please come back" I begged, hoping it would work.

"No. I need some time away from you"

Why did this boy have to be so stubborn.

Lottie had come out of the house a little while before and was watching the scene in front of her eyes.

Harry ran out onto the street. He didn't the car coming. "Harry watch out!" I shouted. I thought it was too late until I saw Lottie running and pushing him out of the way, getting hit instead. It all happened in slow motion and I couldn't comprehend what had happened for a few seconds.

I ran towards her. I held her in my arms and saw she was bleeding all over. I took out my phone and called the ambulance. Mum came outside and saw me holding Lottie. She ran to us and started crying when she saw her covered in blood.

The ambulance arrived ten minutes later and the paramedics carried Harry and Lottie inside. They only allowed one person inside and mum let that be me. I didn't realise I was crying. We arrived at the hospital and the paramedics took Harry and Lottie to some rooms but didn't let me inside. Mum arrived minutes later and asked me what happened. I explained to her and I started crying again when I realised that this was all my fault.

Forty five minutes later, the doctor came asking for the guardians of Lottie Tomlinson and Harry Styles. Me, mum and Harry's mum Anne stood up. She had arrived ten minutes after we did since I felt I had to tell her what happened.

"Hello. I'm Dr Hemsworth. I was the one taking care of these patients" he said.

We all nodded and he continued.

"I just want to say that I have good news and bad news. Which do you want first?" he asked.

"Good news first please" I replied.

"Alright. So the good news is that Harry was not injured. He just had a slight concussion but he will be fine. Lottie however had been badly injured when she got hit. The impact she had when she fell had cracked her skull which caused problems with her brain. I'm really sorry to say this and we tried everything we could to save her but unfortunately, Lottie has passed away"

I couldn't believe it. My little sister had passed away. Lottie is gone and it's all my fault. This can't be true. I felt tears sting my eyes and soon water was flowing out of my eyes.

"This can't be true. This must be a joke right" mum said her voice breaking.

"I'm afraid it is true Mrs Tomlinson. We tried our best" Dr Hemsworth replied.

"You tried your best. That's fucking bullshit! If you tried your best she'd still be alive right now!" I shouted.

"Louis" Anne placed a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off.

"Don't touch me Anne. The only reason you're so fucking calm is because your son is in that hospital room alive while my sister, the best human being to ever live and my best friend is dead. So please don't try and fucking comfort me because I didn't ask for your fucking pity"

"I'm just to help you Louis" she tried.

"I didn't ask for your fucking help or for anyone's help at all so please go pity someone else because I don't fucking need it alright"

I ran out of that hospital that smelt like fucking death and ran in a direction I wasn't even sure of. I eventually gave up and sat down in some forest. I broke down and let out all my tears. I couldn't hold them in any longer. I just lost my sister, my best friend, my ride or die and I guess she ended up being the one to die first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I feel even worse now for basically killing Lottie because this story really portrays her as an important person in Louis' life and it makes this harder to think about. This is the first chapter I that I have not added Harry's pov to as he had a concussion and I didn't know what I would write for that so I just put Louis' pov instead. If you're wondering where Harry's pov would have started, it would be right after the paragraph about Lottie being outside. The next chapter might make people cry so be prepared for tomorrow. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. <333