Chapter 12: L for Love

(Authors note: finally, after months! Thank you for waiting, and enjoy reading!)

"Goodbye, X1, it was nice playing with you..."

I pushed him hard when he was about to hit my abdomen with his elbow. He took out a gun from his pocket, but Asahi and I already surrounded him.

I pointed my gun towards his direction and clenched my jaw. I was craving to see him bath in his own blood. I wanted to see him suffer. No traitor like him ever deserves to live in this world that's full of crap. He deserves hell.

"Better to just surrender, Forneus. Your death will be easier that way," Asahi warned when Forneus pointed the gun at him.

I stepped closer but stopped when he pointed the gun towards the innocent baby in the table. He was near it which made me nervous. That innocent child doesn't deserve to be hurt.

"Not a single movement, agents, I can sense you from outside."

We all glanced at the door at the same time when it opened. 4 agents entered with their guns pointing at Forneus.

"Really? You guys really failed at following instructions," Forneus laughed hideously and glanced at the baby. "Look at this cute thing. Too bad for him...these agents are merciless-"

"Don't you fucking dare," I warned when he was about to touch it. No innocent life should be involved in here. Hindi p'wedeng may madamay pa ulit nang dahil sa amin.

I won't let that happen, as long as I'm able to stop him, I will.

"Oh? You seem to care about this baby...cute isn't it?" he seemed to be relaxed despite us surrounding him. I was getting anxious...it's disturbing.

Eager to know what trick he's got under his sleeves, I asked, "What do you want this time?"

"If I'd say it...would you give it?" pagpapaligoy pa nito. I closed my eyes and calmed my boiling nerves.

"Just...let the baby go..." I can't believe I'm falling for his trap. He's using a weakness I didn't know I had. An innocent child.

"Haha! Perfect! Come in now, boys!" he suddenly shouted and snapped his fingers.

Curtains on the walls slid through the side and revealed men who were dressed in scrub suits. They were holding a gun, and if I counted it correctly, there were 6 of them.

They're the ones surrounding us now...

"Kneel..." he ordered and faced me.

"Baliw ka ba? Boss would never kneel to a traitor like you!" Asahi instantly protested.

He's right. Why the heck would I kneel to the person I loathe the most?

"Alright. I could just kill this baby and..." he paused and gave me a devilish smile. "I'll still win even if you kill me." I didn't get what he added.

I tightened my grip on my gun, ready to shoot his head. But I know, if I'll do that, there's still a high chance that his minions will shoot the baby for him. I can't understand why he's using the baby. I could let it get hurt and succeed, but it isn't right. I must not let it get hurt.

"The file...return the file..." I mumbled while staring at the baby. It wasn't crying which surprised me. The way we're talking here is scary, it should scare it. But I realized that it might not even know what scary is.

"I'll return it alright. If, and only if you kneel to me X1. I'll return everything that I stole. In fact, I brought it here with me. All I want for you is to kneel!" I could sense deep anger in his tone as if I'm the one who ruined his life.