Chapter 2: B for Blind

Something cold was pressed against my skin reason for me to gain consciousness.

"Gising na siya." I heard a soft angelic voice. It sounded like a girl. Am I in heaven?

I suddenly want to laugh at myself. Yeah right, I'm more qualified in hell.

But where am I? I tried to move but stopped when I felt a stinging pain on my abdomen. I tried to open my eyes but all I saw was darkness. I abruptly felt nervous. Did they succeed upon taking me? Did I failed my mission?!

I sensed something moving around me which made me think more. Nasaan nga ba ako?

I don't feel any blindfolds on my face so I'm guessing its dark. Or is it?

"Who are you?" I asked, having a difficult time speaking because my throat is dry.

"Ang attitude niya, Ari." When I heard a guy spoke, adrenalin rushed through my veins reason for me to force my self to sit down.

"Oy! Bawal ka umupo!" I felt how he touched me so I pushed him away. I heard some brittle objects being shattered on the ground after what I did.

"Cass, okay ka lang?" I heard the lady spoke. My heart pounded like crazy when I started to had a conclusion of my state. I slowly lifted my hands to feel my face…my eyes.

It can't be. This can't be!

I blinked for who knows how many times! But I still couldn't see any light! Was it because it was dark? Or am I…

"Baliw 'yan! Siya na nga 'tong niligtas."

"Pag pasensyahan mo na, Cass. Mas mabuti pa siguro at umuwi ka na muna. Gabi na," the lady again spoked. She had this soft voice which calmed me for some reason.

"Sige. Pero sigurado kang kaya mo na alagaan 'yan?"

"Oo…kaya ko na. Salamat."

I remained quiet until I heard the door closed. When I felt that it was only me and the lady, I spoke again.

"Where…am I?" I asked in a confused tone. I can't remember how I got in this situation. All I know is that I've been played. That my so called ally actually had a plan to kill me.

"Y-You're here in San Isidro…you're not from here, are you?" I can sense that she's feeling scared. Her voice was trembling so I sighed. Did I scare her earlier?

"You're…not one of them?" Kalaban ko ba siya?

"H-Huh?" she sounded confused.

"Who are you with? Is someone paying you to do this?" I frankly asked. It was so quiet that I could even hear her gasp.

"I'm… I'm with no one. And no. No one's paying me to do this. Hindi ako basta bayaran lang," I heard her whispering the last sentence.

"Then…can you tell me what's wrong? And why is it…dark?" It took me great courage to ask that. I'm afraid that the idea of me being blind is actually real.

"H-Huh? Hindi naman madilim. Naka-on ang ilaw–" she stopped and not even a second passed when I felt her soft palm on my cheek.

"Can you see me?" It seems like her face was near me as I felt her warm breath on my face. It made my heart flutter a little. I've never been close to any lady like this before.

"I…can't see anything…" what I said sounded like a whisper to me.

"I knew it," she exclamed and removed her palm on my face. "That's why you didn't even bother to look at us! I should bring you to the hospital–"

"Don't," pigil ko. "Just…don't." Walang p'wedeng makaalam na nandito ako. No one can even know my name! I'm just hoping that X11 and X21 can find me quickly here.