Chapter 30

When your fiance cheats on you, you would think one goes through the normal break-up proses. 1) lock yourself in your room and watch sappy love movies and listen to break-up songs and eat tub after tub of ice-cream 2) mope around and don't talk to anyone accept your best friends who are planning your now ex's murder in great detail 3) help your best friends with said plan... etc. you get the picture, right? Well, guess what Amy's doing right now.

Amy Cahill is doing paper work. Now, I want you to be honest, how many of you just had to do a complete retake of what just happened? She is not plotting revenge, not watching sappy romances, doing paperwork listening to her usual happy sun-shiny music. After her emotional breakdown that lasted less than an hour her blank face appeared on her face and hadn't left as she searched through all the paperwork. That is until a certain song came on. No, not just any song but their song. You know how all couples have that one song that they claim as 'their song' ? Well, the shuffle program decided to kill Amy from the inside out. As the familiar guitar started, Amy was frozen.

I love, I love, I love, I love the way you hold me (x3)

hold me, hold me

I've had a long day, I just wanna relax

no time for my friend, no time to chit-chat

problems at my job, wonderin' what to do

I know I should be workin' but I'm thinkin' of you

and, just when I think this crazy world is gonna bring me down

that's when your smile comes around

oh, I love the way you hold me

by my side you'll always be

you take each and everyday

make it special in some way

I love the way you hold me

in your arms I'll always be

you take each and every day

make it special in some way

I love you more than the words in my brain can express

I can't imagine even lovin' you less

Lord, I love the way you hold me

whoa, oh, oh oh, oh, oh, oh

oh, oh, I love the way you hold me

oh, oh, oh, oh, oh ,oh

well, ya, flipped my day, yeah, you turned it around

calmed the title wave and put my feet on the ground

forever in my heart

always on my mind

it's crazy how I think about you all of the time

and, just when I think I'm 'bout to figure you out (figure you out)

you make me wanna sing and shout

Amy couldn't take it anymore. She threw the Ipod at the wall and it shattered. She covered her face with her hands and fell to the floor on her knees. The only sound in the room was her sobbing for a few moments before the door opened and Amy knew it was Ian rubbing her back, attempting to comfort her.

As Amy calmed down she asked, "Does everyone know?" before pulling her hair into a hair-binder.

Amy didn't need to clarify. Ian knew exactly what she meant, but Ian didn't have the heart to tell the others. Ian felt for Amy. He knew that she was always there for him through the whole mother-vesper-dead sister thing and he knew what it felt like to lose someone you love.

"Know what? What happened? Who did what and why did I find this next to the sink in the bathroom?"

Amy turned around to see Dan holding three beer bottles and wearing a thick frown that turned to concern when he saw Amy.

"Omigod, Amy. What the hell happened?" Dan dropped the bottles and ran to comfort his sister.

Amy pulled herself together by taking a deep breath and spoke. "I walked into the kitchen and Jake... he was..." Her voice broke and she looked at Ian as if to say 'I can't say it'

"She walked into Jake making out with some other girl." He explained. Hearing the words made it all the more real. She sobbed into Ian who held her tight while Dan screamed a string of profanities, mad that he let this happen.

"Amy, I need to calm down before I go murder him myself. I'll be back in a minute." He said before he left.