Chapter 24

Dan jogged down the stairs. He knew that this wasn't the biggest threat to the Cahills right now, but the fact that they were being attacked right now was a big pill to swallow. Kristie was here tonight. He couldn't belive his bad luck. If Kristie died he would never forgive himself. Right now she was finding some combat clothes that fit her and Dan didn't even try to say no. He knew it would result in them being mad at each other and her fighting with them anyway.

   Just because Dan had been through this a few times, didn't mean he was used to it or not scared. Dan remembered back to when he was eleven and this had been just a dream. It wasn't fake, but it didn't feel real to him then. Now it was just too real.

   Now Dan was in the livingroom opening the secret compartment in the couch. Predictable? Yes. Reliable? Another yes. It worked and was a peefect place to hide a few pretty awesome custom-made guns. One for every person on the team and then a few extra hand-guns. You never know when they might come in handy.

   "Alright, lets do this." Kristie said, walking twords Dan in some combat clothes that looked a little small but fit. His guess was that they were Sinead's.

   "Listen to me. Do your best, don't die, avoid hand-to-hand combat if possible, don't feel pressured to stay, if you need out just tell someone and we can get you away." Dan said in a serious voice, handing her a middle sized gun and slipping a hand-gun in her pocket.

   "Got it. What if I have to.... I've never actually....-"

   "If someone tries to kill you, you kill them. I know you can and you just picture that they're dummies in a gun test. You can do this. I love you and don't die. This family has caused too many deaths and I would never forgive myself if you were one of them." Dan said hissing her on the cheek and turning back to what he was doing.

   Please don't let her die.