The Extreme Circumstances

Start from the beginning

Draver's eyes darkened. "Sarcasm isn't the best card to play right now, Faye. We want to know why he's at your dorm."

When I pursed my lips, Jazz nipped my cheek. "Answer us."

"I don't know!" I exclaimed, frustrated that they wouldn't let up on this subject. "Now get the hell out of my dorm if you can't hide."

They met each other's eyes before blurring away, leaving through my window- blowing my curtains everywhere.

I straightened myself out and patted down my hair that was messy from Jazz's grip before opening the door to Beau's lopsided smile...and the twins' reflecting the sunlight that bounced off their aviators- probably meant to hide their unnaturally silver eyes.

"Mind if we come in?" Jazz asked, not really sounding like he would care about what answer I gave.

"Great, thanks." Draver sent me a vicious smirk as they both walked into my dorm room, shoving their broad shoulders against Beau, who was dwarfed by the twins.

I'm surprised that the doorknob didn't break under my tight grip.

~

If Beau was within an arm length of me, the twins appeared out of nowhere- scowling at him. If Beau was across the other room, then they would border me until I ordered them around to do something other than try to absorb me into their cells.

"I'm not the mitochondria to your prokaryote, give me space." I muttered to them. "Seriously."

Draver slipped his hands under my shirt, his thumbs stroking the skin just above my waist. My stomach fluttered and I elbowed him back. "I'm not joking- you guys need to quit, especially since Beau is around."

Jazz clenched his fists. "It's because he is around that we are doing this."

"Well lay off." moving past them, I made my way to the coffee table and set down all the honey tea I made.

Beau grimaced. "Apparently we've been apart too long if you've forgotten how much I hate honey-"

"You will eat what she makes and be grateful that she's giving you the time of day." Jazz growled.

I smacked the back of my hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, he's joking."

"He better be," Draver said in a low voice.

Beau accepted a teacup from me as I sat next to him, tucking one leg under my knee. "So how's Chicago treating you?"

He exaggerated a sigh. "Terrible without you, but I managed."

Usually I'd laugh along with him, despite the fact that I knew he was coming onto me, but with Jazz and Draver here I felt a bit more uncomfortable with his advances.

"So do you mind introducing me to these guys?" Beau downed his tea like whiskey.

I hardly knew them myself, so I wasn't sure what kind of answer I was supposed to give him.

"We're her mates." Draver declared, both of them sitting beside me.

"Ah, from Australia, right?" Beau grinned. "How is it there? What city- Melbourne, Sydney?"

Jazz narrowed his eyes. "Don't mock us. She is our's-"

I stabbed the end of my teaspoon onto his thigh. He showed no signs of pain, but kept quiet.

"Sorry, English isn't their first language."

"Latin is." Draver filled in, his expression visibly darkened. "Hopefully I won't have to say it in two languages to get it through your thick skull that Faye belongs to-"