Blood Is Not Thicker Than Water

Start from the beginning

I nodded.

"I don't want to talk about it."

Narcissa pressed a kiss to my head as she continued to hold me tight.

"You don't have to my love. I'm right here no matter what. When you're ready to speak about it, we can. But I do love you so very much."

"I love you too." I sighed.

——
Narcissa didn't let me out of her sight for the rest of the day. Instead of going out shopping like she planned, she sat with me on the couch as I wrote my lesson plan for next week. She sat next to me, reading her book as I put my mind to work.

"I know that you're struggling baby. But I am so proud of you. So so proud of you. You continue fighting everyday despite the physical and mental pain and you are so incredibly brave. I am so proud to be your wife bumblebee. I love you with all my heart."

——

"My mom called today."

Cissy was stroking my hair as I laid between her legs in bed, finally recovering from the second round of my hysterics.

"You mentioned that. Are you ready to talk about it?" She asked gently.

I nodded and took a deep breath.

"You know how I had that appointment? With my OB. For a surgery consultation and a follow up ultrasound to discuss the cysts in my uterus?"

"Yes. You didn't say anything about it so I assumed you'd speak to me about it when you were ready. Should I have not given you space?" She asked, her voice holding regret.

I shook my head.

"No. I'm grateful you did. I honestly didn't know how to tell you what they found. But it wasnt good. I texted my mom and asked her to call me. Twice. And after 3 hours of waiting with no response, I texted again telling her what they found and what they said about the surgery since she didn't bother answering. So she texted right back and asked to call me. And I was speaking to Andy so I told her I was talking to someone else, and she said she had 10 minutes and asked if I could call. So I did. And when I asked her why in gods name it took her 3 hours to reply since it was 8pm there and 4 am here, she said she was busy talking to my sister. On the phone. Because my sister missed her and she was upset. And I told her I didn't give a fuck that my sister missed her. I needed my mom. I needed her to care about me too. I'm her fucking child too Cissa! And she didn't have the fucking decency to call me after I HAD A SURGERY CONSULTATION! AFTER I HAD A FOLLOW UP ULTRASOUND OVER CYSTS IN MY UTERUS! THEY FOUND FOLLICLES CISSA! 20 & 25! I HAVE POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME AS WELL AS ENDOMETRIOSIS! I- I'm basically infertile! And-" I was crying again. Narcissa made a gasping noise and held me tighter but I was angry and hurt and above all, devastated.

"Edaline... I'm so sorry."

"Cissa the worst part is that she has never once listened to me! She had no idea about my fear of infertility! And I told her so many times! And I lost my shit. I asked her why I wasn't good enough for her. What I did to her! And she changed the subject and tried to keep her cool because a friend was in the room with her! I had one of the most devastating days of my life! My health! I haven't had surgery before and I'm terrified! And she called my fucking sister instead! My mother doesn't love me as much as my sister and I don't know what I ever did to deserve it! Let alone, I MIGHT BE INFERTILE! I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE US CHILDREN! And she didn't care! SHES NEVER CARED!"