Edaline was shaking her head , refusing to look up at her girlfriend.

Narcissa watched helplessly as her girlfriend struggled to breathe, terror overtaking her body.

"Please Eda!" Narcissa begged, both hands on Eda's shoulders.

When nothing changed, Narcissa did the only thing she could think of but it backfired.

Narcissa moved closer to Edaline reaching out again when eda smacked her hand away.

"DONT TOUCH ME! DONT TOUCH ME MOM! G-GET AWAY!" She cried.

"Eda its Narcissa. I'm not mum. Cmon. Let me help you. Please!" She begged.

Eda stopped fighting her but she clearly couldn't recognize her surroundings or who she was with and it shattered Narcissa.

Carefully, She wrapped two arms around Edaline and pulled the distraught witch into her lap, whispering sweet nothings into her ear as she ran her fingers through her long soft hair.

"I love you. I love you. I love you so much little dove. Come back to me. Come back to me." Narcissa whispered as tears ran down her cheeks.

The sound of Narcissa's voice brought Eda back from her thoughts and she began to slowly calm down.

Her breathing went from heaving to bigger but more even and her violent shaking lessened.

As Eda began to calm, Narcissa hummed softly the tune to their song.

When Eda's anxiety attack had subsided, both witches sat in silence for an eternity, neither caring how long they had been like that, only caring that they were clinging to each other. Narcissa revelled in holding her witch tightly in her arms. She knew she would do anything to ease Edaline's suffering. They had each other through thick and thin. She never wanted to let her lover go after seeing her in such a state.

Narcissa's eyes widened when it clicked.
Eda had seen Narcissa at her very worst. Narcissa had just seen Edaline at her very worst for the first time in their relationship. After seeing Edaline like that, she felt a primal urge to hold the woman and shield her from any pain or suffering she had or would have in the future. Seeing Edaline like that had broken her very soul. She wanted to fix Edaline right now. She wanted to cast a repairo spell and keep her that way. If she felt this way seeing Eda in a state like that, Eda must've felt that when she saw a broken Narcissa.

She looked down at the woman, fully ready to apologize and beg for forgiveness when she heard the soft snores if the gryffindor. Eda was sound asleep in Narcissa's arms.

Narcissa was also beat. Quickly pressing a kiss to her witches forehead, she picked the girl in her arms up and carried her back to their bedroom.

She casted a silent transfiguration spell, changing them both into pajamas. Narcissa laid down in bed with Eda still safely snuggled in her embrace, pulled the cocers over them, and fell asleep to the sound of Eda's breathing.

Narcissa awoke the next morning to an empty bed and a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

She quickly shot up out of bed and began frantically calling her lovers name as she threw open every door, checked around every corner. When she found nothing, she ran outside in the pouring rain and into the garden. The rain was so loud, she could barely hear her own voice.

"EDALINE!" Narcissa's was running and screaming so fast and loud and frantically her lungs were on fire.

"EDALINE PLEASE!"

No no no this cant be happening! She can't have just left everything. She cant hav-

"NARCISSA!!"

Narcissa heard her name feintly in the distance.

"CISSA!"

Narcissa ran blindly into the heavy rain going so fast that she almost bodyslammed into her love.

"Edaline!" Narcissa shouted in relief as she threw her arms around the younger woman.

"Oh thank merlin! I went for a walk this morning and it started pouring out of nowhere and I couldn't see and I got lost and-"

Narcissa cut her off by slamming her lips againat the latters.

Edaline kissed her back, hugging her just as tight.

"Lets get inside!" Narcissa yelled over the storm.

"Please!"

The bi haired witch quickly apparated them inside and into the bathroom, quickly starting a hot shower.

The shower was a silent one, consisting of the two just holding each other.

When they finally got out and dressed in bathrobes, Narcissa guided them to sit on the bed.

"I'm so sorry Eda. For everything. I heard what you were saying to yourself and I need you to know none of it is true. I love you just the way you are. I don't want anyone else. I just want you. You're my perfect girl. My world." Narcissa confessed, desperately trying to get Eda to listen.

"I..."

"I understand now why you're so protective over me. I never thought I would understand. But then I saw you on the bathroom floor. And I knew right then exactly how you feel. I realized that I had never seen you at your worst. You've seen me at my worst. And I after seeing you like that, there is nothing I wouldn't do to protect you. I hate not having you in my arms right now." Narcissa was crying now and so was Eda.

"Narcissa..."

"I just want you to be ok. To feel safe and loved and happy."

"I do with you." Eda cupped Narcissa's cheek.

"Did my yelling trigger your anxiety attack?" Narcissa asked in a whisper.

Eda thought for a moment before answering.

"when I was young and I lived with my mom and stepfather, I lived in a house with loud and angry people with short fuses. Anytime I heard a door slam or being thrown open, I knew that I was going to get screamed at. I have a crippling fear of people who slam doors it sends me into a panic attack. Even as a grown woman I always cry when a door slams. I was accused of things I didn't do and called names. And I didn't want you to be one of those people. I'm sorry you had to see me like that. I never wanted anybody to know or see me in such a state."

Narcissa pulled Eda into her lap and held her tight, kissing her head, trying not to cry at her lovers story.

" I can't promise that we won't argue or yell at each other. But I promise I will never slam a door around you again. I would never intentionally cause you any harm. I love you so much. So so much."

"I love you too Cissa dove." Edaline said before kissing her softly.

Narcissa felt a huge weight lift off her shoulders.

"Narcissa? can we go back to bed?"

"Of course."