The Queen and Her Knight

Start from the beginning

When I was first assigned to guard the queen, she was a cold snobby bitch. She wouldn't acknowledge my presence with more than a stuck up sniff and an eyeroll. Her nickname was the ice queen for a reason. The first time she began to acknowledge me as a knight was when she was out in the woods on a walk to escape the palace for a few hours. I had been humming an old tune that she recognized and gave me a barely visible smile. But still, she was cold towards me. And then, a few months after I started protecting her, I witnessed Lucius strike her across the face and I made him regret it. King or not, he has no right to harm his wife.

"HOW DARE YOU?! YOU STUPID SLUT! I AM YOUR KING!"

"SHE IS MY QUEEN! SHE IS MY CHARGE AND I WILL PROTECT HER FROM ANY HARM THAT COMES TO HER NO MATTER WHO IT IS!" I bellowed back. "SHOW YOUR WIFE SOME GOD DAMN RESPECT! YOU NEVER HIT A LADY!"

I smacked him once again hard enough to leave a mark for a few days.

He hasn't laid a hand in her since then. After that day, Narcissa and I had gotten close. Being there for her during her numerous miscarriages had allowed me to see a side of my queen I hoped to never bare witness to again.

-flashback-

"No! Oh god no!"

My senses flooded with worry.

"My queen? Are you alright?"
I asked worriedly, knocking on the bathroom door.

"Not again! Please no!"

I felt my stomach drop.

I knocked again, a bit louder this time.

"May I come in?" I asked.

She didn't answer. All I heard were the sounds of sobs and my soul shattered.

I opened the door to find Narcissa on the bathroom floor, curled up in a ball, her knees to her chest crying hysterically. And then I noticed the blood.

"Oh my queen..." I whispered, crouching down in front of her.

Her teary eyes found mine.

"Why is there so much blood? I... theres so much blood." She cried.

I quickly sat next to her and pulled her into my lap, holding her as she cried in agony over miscarrying.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry petal."

That was the first time I called her that. Her nickname that fit her so well. My beautiful flower petal.

We made graves for each of her miscarriages. They all reside in her beautiful garden next to the daffodils.

I protected her from Lucius that day. And the other two times she miscarried as well. But I was there the day she discovered she was pregnant again, holding her hand and she cried tears of joy. Being a mum is all she has ever wanted and after all of the losses, it finally happened.

"I'm going to be a mum." She cried happy tears into my shoulder.

"You will be the most amazing mum, my queen."

Presently, Narcissa is almost full term. And she is getting scared. The night before her attack, I had to calm her down from a panic attack.