13. Nimue's Justice - Chrys

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Thoughts of how Chrys used to brush Loldirr's hair, similar to what she was currently doing with Nimue's, came flooding back to her. The texture of their hair was comparable, soft, fragile, but beautiful, yet while Nimue's was a cold blue, Loldirr's was a flamed red and the colour was a striking resemblance to their characters.

Chrys recalled how Loldirr felt initially nervous around her, unaware of how to conduct herself around a servant, but as her barriers were gradually broken down, so was the warmth of her character. Chrys was her servant, to be used and abused how Loldirr saw fit, yet never at any time did she feel like that was the case. Loldirr treated her as an equal, therefore to serve her was not a duty, it was a privilege.

The blue-haired woman that sat in front of her was strikingly different. To Nimue, Chrys was a tool, an object to do her will. Her sole purpose was to make Nimue presentable to the outside world in a manner that made women envy her and men lust for her.

Loldirr was an Empress, who wanted to be a commoner. Nimue, despite her eloquent speech and mannerisms, was a commoner wanting to be an Empress.

"Did you attend the slut's execution?" Nimue asked, her fixation with Loldirr becoming more apparent.

"I did milady, never before have I witnessed such a spectacle."

A rye smile appeared on Nimue's face, "I suppose you have never encountered a Sorceress of the Elements before? Especially from your lowly upbringing from the Isle of, whatever they were."

Chrys continued to smile, despite a tempest raging inside of her calling her to end the life of this despicable woman. "I have not milady,"

"They are simply the embodiment of perfection. Creatures with the ability to manipulate a sphere of the elements and bend it to their whim. The red-haired bitch obviously had the ability to manipulate fire, though her talent was rather raw," Nimue explained, seemingly proud of her knowledge on the subject.

Chrys found Nimue's passion for the discussion somewhat bizarre. She watched as Nimue studied her fingers as she spoke, waving her hand around effortlessly as if it was gliding through water.

Almost as quickly as Nimue's thoughts were focused on the skills of a sorcerer and sorceress, her deep blue eyes fixated themselves back on her reflection. "Your skills are adequate, girl. I believe you will be able to perform your duty as one of my handmaidens sufficiently."

"Thank you milady," Chrys responded, curtseying as she spoke.

"You will be expected to fulfil my needs as and when I require them. I do not excuse tardiness, and my reputation is reflected through you. Therefore, I would expect you to conduct yourself in a manner that is becoming of someone from my retinue. Should you fail to do so, there will be severe punishment, is that understood?" Nimue spoke with an assertiveness that did not appear equal to her physique.

"Yes, milady."

"Good, finish preparing me, for you will accompany me to the lake where you will see, firsthand, exactly what punishment I deem necessary to inflict on those who put my reputation in jeopardy."

Chrys carefully placed the brush on the table before turning towards Nimue's vast array of bracelets. Some were pure gold, while others contained gems that Chrys had never before seen, including one that seems to meld between purple and blue and sparkled red in a certain light. As her eyes focused on it, she realised that it was Dwarvenstone, a stone that was very rarely seen outside of the caves of the dwarven kingdoms.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Nimue responded, her blood-red smile focusing on Chrys' gawping gaze. "Do not let your eyes linger too long, otherwise I may decide that your eyes are not worth keeping."