Letters

I woke up in the morning and made some coffee for myself and put in some toast for Abi.

"Morning." I said to her as she walked out in some clothes of hers.

"Where did you get the clothes from?" I asked.

"My locker."

"Why you're locker?"

"Where else am I supposed to put a spare outfit? In a teacher's desk?"

"What?"

"Never mind."

"No. I just mean, why do you have a spare outfit?"

"Doesn't matter."

"I asked you a question, so you answer it."

"What is this? An interrogation?" She asked as she took a bite of her toast.

"No. Now answer my question." I said and took the plate away.

"You can't take away my toast."

"Yes, I can. It's my bread."

"Okay. You eat it then."

"Why do you have spare clothes in your locker?"

"Just for emergencies."

"What kind of emergency?"

"Just...for when someone throws yoghurt at me or pours milkshake on my head." She said and slid the plate back to herself from the other side of the kitchen island.

"That's happened?"

"Yeah. Once or twice."

"Why?"

"Can we head to the house?"

"Why?"

"To get the documents."

"No, I mean...why the food throwing?"

"People don't really like me. People tend to bully the quiet ones."

"You're quiet?"

"No, I'm not. I always put my hands up in lessons. If I don't like someone, I tell them. If someone pisses me off or tries to mess with me, I kind of attack. I can be known as quiet because I don't talk to people outside of lessons."

"I see. Your broken wrist tells me that. As well as for the fact that you're suspended."

"Not the first time."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Why?"

"I'm bored of this interrogation. Can we go now?"

"Sure. Go get your shoes on and grab your bag."

"Okay." She said and walked off to her room.

When she came back out, I actually looked at her outfit and realised that she has some good style. Very trendy.

She hung onto her bag straps as she leant on the wall, waiting for me. I grabbed my badge and gun before texting everyone that I was on my way and to warn them that if they weren't at work already, they should be before I get there.

I got into the car and groaned in pain because of my sore back. Abi looked me up and down before she looked back out the window again as I began the drive.

"What?" I asked her.

"Nothing."

"Oh c'mon."

"Fine. Why is your back sore?"