nine

"the fuck did you do to my lights?"

bang shrugged. "it's been a while since i visited so i decided to surprise you. boo."

"by breaking into my housing space and cutting my electricity off? also, visiting? more like you barge in whenever you need."

"you let me in."

"because you're a god damn serial killer. why else would i have let a stranger into my apartment if i wasn't scared you would find a way to kill me otherwise?" minho glared as he walked over to the sofa and dumped his stuff down on the coffee table. bang just thought he looked like an angry kitten, honestly.

the taller raised an eyebrow. "you're being rather chatty. not scared today?"

minho groaned and dropped onto the sofa, hanging his head to lean on the back of it, closing his eyes. "honestly, my day has been so utterly shit that i'm borderline about to kill myself before you do the honour of doing it yourself. i honestly couldn't care less about anything else right now. i just need everything to shut up for a bit."

almost as if minho's wish was granted, there was silence for a second. he was skeptical of what that meant however and so he opened his eyes, only to see bang sat on the coffee table and staring at him closely as if in contemplation.

"jesus, fuck, do you mind?! you scared the shit out of me." the brunet complained but noticed the other was staying in the same position without saying a word. "why are you staring at me like that? you better not be plotting my murder this soon. you've already almost killed me, what, three times now?"

the blond hummed, in thought and also agreement. he leaned back on his palms, not taking his eyes off the confused and slightly unsettled male in front of him. "i was just thinking. i might be a murderer, but you could vent your problems to me to get it off your mind, i guess."

minho raised his eyebrows in shock and disbelief, watching as the man shrugged and stood up, walking to the open space in the living room and turning to face the laying minho again. "do you even have enough of a soul left to empathise at all with anything i have to say?"

bang rolled his eyes, quite enjoying the sassy attitude the other possessed that evening. "yes, believe it or not, i still have a beating, non-stone heart and most importantly ears to listen."

"you mean to detect my weaknesses so it's easier to kill me."

"i'm not going to use it against you."

"oh yeah? you're literally a serial killer."

"and?"

"and so you'll use your psychopathic genius mind to infer my whole life story from anything i tell you."

"i'll take that as a compliment, but no i won't."

"of course you will! do you think i'm dumb? you'll try kill me again, for like the fourth time."

"i would've killed you already if that was the case."

"oh really? you haven't—"

next thing minho knew, a gun had been whipped from the other's back pocket and was pointed directly at his ribcage, exactly where his heart was. he gulped, looking at the object then back up at bang's eyes that held a challenging, callous look. trying not to show that he was terrified yet again, minho raised his hands as if to apologise (and surrender at the same time) and the gun was lowered.

bang sighed and stared straight into minho's eyes, his gaze changing although not severely. "i'm being serious. tell me what's up."

minho swallowed and moved his gaze instead to the wall opposite him. "well, to start with, there's the obvious fear that you're planning to kill me with every appearance you make. then my boss at the dance studio i work at wants me to take time off to take care of myself mentally to deal with our recent loss but i can't because then the kids would have no teacher, protecter, carer and they wouldn't be able to do what they enjoy. o—our other teacher is gone."

bang furrowed his brows, crossing his arms. "what do you mean 'he's gone'?"

minho sniffled, tears threatening to pour down his cheeks from the pure mention of his best friend. "y—you killed jackson's girlfriend, a—and now he's missing while y—you're suspected as his murderer too. y—you took the one person who meant to w—whole world to me. a—and for the past week, i—i've been having this horrifying, freakish nightmare over and o—over again, the first time being the night y—you last came here. it's haunting me a—and draining everything from me k—knowing i'll probably never see him again."

bang stood with narrowed eyes, staring at the male who was on the verge of breaking down and slowly curling into a ball, hugging his knees. "jackson wang? the dude i was last accused of?"

minho nodded, face basically invisible with how he was burying himself into his knees. unexpectedly, bang scoffed... and then began laughing. minho looked up at him in horror. how psychotic was this man? why was he laughing as if the possible death of minho's best friend was the funniest thing in the world.

"w—why are you l—laughing?"

"because i didn't kill him."