Then his head dipped, lips skating along the edge of her jaw until she felt his breath tickle the edges of her ear. Gradually, his hands worked and gathered her skirts, easing her up his body until her thighs locked about his hips. He had worked fastidiously to ensure that her dress was piled at her waist, she realised; her breasts only half-covered by her chemise and her thighs entirely exposed. "I know when," he told her, raking his teeth down her neck. "Would you like to know? I do ask you, you know. Numerous times, but each time you deny me."

She huffed out a shaky laugh. "I would like us to be together without any compulsion to do so, knowing that we can withstand a... courtship, I suppose, because that is what we both want, and even if there is an option to leave, or end, or whatever the case may be-"

"We don't," he finished for her. He gripped her hips, pulling her flush against his. Feeling the length of his erection slide against her core made her suck in a breath. "We don't need the bindings of marriage, or contractual obligations, or a sacred mark, or even the obstacles of impossible choices, to be together. Because again and again, I would always want to be with you- and only you."

The edge of his teeth grazed one of her nipples through the sheer material of the chemise and she made an urgent sound. That, combined with the feel of his hips rocking gently against her flesh, sent need firing off within her with a desperate insurgence. "Aëghan, I need-"

His head lifted suddenly, his breath seething, and he turned to give a kiss to the fingers gripping his shoulder, her nails digging into his flesh. Chagrined, she loosened her hold.

"Don't," he said gruffly, dropping a kiss to her lips. His hips shifted away from her briefly, then the tip of his cock glided over her heated flesh, until he was poised at her entrance. Every part of her trembled, aching for him to fill her, silently begging him to do just that, but Aëghan stalled, prolonging the moment. "I like it when you lose control." That unfathomably wicked smile made the muscles of her abdomen clench with longing. "And I know exactly what you need."

It was a smooth, uninhibited thrust that ensured his cock slid into her depths, embedded completely until he was flush against her, as close as they could ever be. Her groan was only exceeded by his as both of them were overcome with the sensation of being joined again after days of uncertainty and loneliness.

Beneath her hand, his chest heaved and trembled, his cavalier demeanour rendered inconsequential as he fought his own raging need to drive into her. His restraint was a palpable thing, and right then she didn't want it. They had time enough, a future of possibilities ahead of them, to prolong their lovemaking. Presently, Lillian craved his claiming in the most fundamental and urgent of ways.

Her legs tightened, her muscles clenching around his cock spasmodically, and she brought his face to hers. "Show me I am yours," she demanded.

He groaned, claiming her lips once more and plundering her mouth with wanton abandon, and his hips moved, retracting until only the tip of his cock remained within her, only to snap forwards and sheath entirely within her once more. It was excruciating in the most beautiful of ways how he brought her to the brink of insensibility with his body alone, his fit fulling her with an exquisiteness that felt right, that made her feel like she belonged.

They were of two different worlds, yet she had never felt more complete and whole than when she was with him.

She clung to his shoulders, her legs holding him to her body as he moved, thrusting into her again and again with a force that gained momentum, that made her swallow soft cries as they lodged in her throat while his lips and tongue devoured her entirely. "I need you to come," Aëghan moaned, his words staggered as he murmured them against her lips.