"I would like to help these people as much as I can, it's my code as a doctor, but at the same time I don't want to take me away from anybody again." She said.

Having to go through COVID-19 again in this life was hard especially as a doctor during the first wave. Front liners were spread thin and because she double majored her specific set of skills were called upon to not only treat patients but also try to find something to manage the disease and if possible cure it, and she felt honoured to be part of something amazing.

However, she spent a lot of exhausting hours away from her family, friends, her home and her husband that it was unfair and unfortunately the world wasn't made to be fair.

"Hopefully it won't get to that." Sae-bom said as she leaned her head against Hyun-jae's.

"Come on you two, let's get you two something to eat."

Yi-hyun arrived and they went off together to finally get something to eat.

○●○●○●○

"I...I always dreamed of living in my own house. That's why I need to get married." Sae-bom said as she explained her plans to get married.

"But who are you going to marry? It's not like someone is just gonna appear." Yi-hyun said and just then Ji-soo walked towards them and handed them drinks.

"These are for the clothes we burned." She said as she handed the girls the drinks.

"Thank you." They said.

"I feel like I've gotten closer to you." Sae-bom smiled and she walked off, ignoring Yi-hyun's hand for a greeting.

"Don't take it personally. She's cold like that." Hyun-jae smiled and opened hers as she sat down. "Ugh...what is this?" She winced as the smell of the juice invaded her nose.

"It's apple juice." Sae-bom said.

"Swap with me." She said and traded drinks with Yi-hyun.

"But that's--"

"Huh?"

"Nevermind." He said and turned to face Sae-bom to avoid her glare.

"Do you need more points?" He asked.

"That's true, but...listen, I'm not so cruel as to ask a special question over something so shallow. Hey, I'm a lot better than you think. Being two years behind? That's nothing. Plus, it's a newly built apartment." She defended.

"Back to my question, who are you going to ask?" He asked.

"Kang Dae-Seong." She replied.

"Kang Dae-Seong?!" They questioned surprised at her answer.

"You can't be serious?" Hyun-jae's eyes widened with shock.

"I mean it's not like he's married right now, he's a good friend too so I'm sure I can convince him." Sae-bom said.

"But if that's the case can't you ask him to help you buy an apartment?" Hyun-jae asked.

"No, I wanna do this my way. It's the only way I'll feel fulfilled with my life choices." Sae-bom shrugged.

"Hmm?" Hyun-jae hummed in wonder.