"Oh. Sorry. I'm just a bit tired" I said, knowing I'd already used that excuse for similar situations at least twenty times. "What were the questions?

"You seem to be tired very often" she laughed, lifting her hand from mine and leaning back in her seat. "I was just asking how you've been getting on this first month of college. That's all"

"Oh, yeah. Great, actually. I mean I've already told you a bit about it, I guess" I said as she nodded. "But it's less scary and hard than I thought it would be. I'm starting to make a few friends, which is awesome. Well, more like making friends through the one friend I made"

"That girl you're always talking to and laughing with?"

"Yeah, her name's Mei. She's very...talkative"

"I kind of got that. I doubt you were the one who started chatting during the lesson in the first place"

"Oh, yeah. Sorry about that" I said, reminiscing the embarrassment of that moment a few days before.

"All good. It was fun. I occasionally enjoy intimidating people. That's one of the reasons I like teaching so much" she smirked, sipping her fourth drink of the night through a black straw.

"Trust me, I already noticed that"

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked, crossing her legs and looking at me with a questioning look.

"Nothing. I mean...nevermind"

"Okay, then" she said, once again placing her hand on top of mine. She squinted her eyes and ambiguously smiled at me.

"What?" I laughed.

"Nothing"

"Come on! Why are you looking at me like that? Did I do something wrong?"

"You're always using that as an answer. My turn now"

"Not fair" I jokingly pouted.

"Well," she said, leaning towards me. "You just look really pretty. That's all"

"Oh"

"I bet there's tons of girls who die to even get close to you at those parties you've been going to"

"Sam," I nervously laughed.

What the fuck?

"I think you've had enough drinks for tonight. We should get going. It's almost midnight anyway" I said, desperately hoping that my completely flushed cheeks wouldn't be noticeable in the dark lighting the place had.

"I'm perfectly lucid. Was just telling the truth. We can go if you wanna go, though. Just need to use the toilet" she said as she got up and walked towards a white, old looking, door.

What the hell was she trying to do? Why would she say those things?

I sat there alone trying to figure it out, looking at all the other people in the bar laughing and enjoying their evening, as I was just overthinking about something ridiculous, almost surreal.

She was taking too long in the restroom for me not to go check up on her.

As I went through the door I found myself in a room with three sinks and a very large mirror in front of them, surrounded by a white wall.