𝟿; 𝙻𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚊𝚕

Mulai dari awal

❝I want to force myself to smile.❞

You have no idea why, but you lied. You can feel emotions, but you hide it from him to remind yourself that you are a Jester, and will always remain one.

❝Are you not programmed to have one?❞

As he gazes upon you, his eyebrows gradually rise in a display of curiosity, triggering a memory of the information he had learned about Jesters.

❝Yes, I'm not allowed to have one.❞

With an unwavering expression, you connect your stare with him, your features betraying nothing of the turmoil brewing inside you.

A wave of understanding washes over Riki as the words spilled by you convey a large sense of hollowness.

The emptiness in your voice tugs, and he can't help but feel a twinge of pity for you, a desperate Jester that longs to become human.

Pity lingers in the air like a heavy fog, enveloping them in its melancholic embrace.

❝Sorry, I can't help you with that...❞
He gazes at you once more, and his expression contorted into a frown that speaks volumes of his inner guilt.

He finalises that it's better not to teach you.
Thinking, whats the point of smiling when you don't mean it?

But as he continues to observe you, something within him diverts, and the corners of his lips begin to curl upwards, creating a hesitant yet undeniable smile.

His lips purses slightly, and he realizes with a mixture of amusement that you, too, are attempting to mimic his expression.

There you go again, smiling like a psychopath. Like you're copying that one character from a horror film.

❝Hahh...❞
Riki's hand came to rest upon his face, slowly covering the broad grin that had formed as he stares upon the comical sight before him.

His eyes sparkle with delight as he savors the scene's stupidity, enjoying every moment of the surreal display unfolding before him.

The corners of his mouth tugged upwards, threatening to break free a laugh, but he held them in check, savoring the moment's pleasure like a fine wine.

❝Forget it.❞

You, with a gleeful glint in your eye and a deviant curl to your lips, continued to grin widely.

Your expression so ridiculously silly that Riki couldn't help but let out a snort and avert his gaze in embarrassment.

❝Tch. You can... stop smiling now... if you even call that... a smile...❞

Mumbling the final words, he bites down on his lower lip, a silent retreat to restrain his smile.

You do as he says, but smile once more.

❝This is s-Pff❞

In awe, your eyes glistens from the view of him laughing.

As you were about to mimic his laughing features, the bell rang, indicating that the lunch break is done.

Oh... We should head back now.

His smile fades as his gaze shifts towards the distant school building, gauging the considerable space between you and its looming presence.

Once again, you find yourself in step with him, no longer trailing from behind but now walking side by side.

After this interaction, you thought that maybe... He is actually not too different from Rumi.