Clown

THIRD PERSON POV:

Octavia's bright eyes widened with fear as the animatronic on stage smiled at her with its glowing eyes and sharp teeth. "Hello l-little girl! M-my name is F-F-Fizzarolli! W-what's your name?" The robot asked with a chilling grin. Now, the little girl wasn't all by herself; Stolas, her father, was there just outside the tent. He knew that this theme park made Octavia happy, so he tried to bring her whenever he could. Although, he never really figured out that she was afraid of Fizzarolli.

Octavia watched as the robot danced on stage, smiling at all of the other children. Those children loved him and couldn't wait to go up and talk to him, but she feard him. He gave her all kinds of nightmares. Some of her dreams were so severe that she would have to sleep with her parents for more than one night. Fizzarolli then stopped dancing and walked up to the edge of the stage where Octavia stood. He gave her a big but scary grin as his metal hand reached out and ruffled her hair, "W-w-what an adorable l-little girl!" He smiled as he watched her eyes tear up before she pushed his hand away and ran back to Stolas.

"Daddy!" Octavia cried as she ran into his arms. "Via?" He asked as he picked her up. He frowned as his daughter cried into his shoulder, holding on to him as tightly as she could. Stolas looked at her and then he looked over at the animatronic and connected the dots. He rubbed her back as he walked out of the circus tent and transported them back to their home.

• • •

"Mommy! Daddy!"

Stolas's eyes opened as he groaned and sat up. He knew Stella wouldn't get up so he had to. He got his robe on and made his way to Octavia's room.

"Via?" He asked as he opened her door, "what's the matter?" He watched as she cried and jumped up from her bed and ran into his arms. "I had the dream again! The clown was chasing me!" Octavia cried into Stolas's chest, her arms around him. Stolas felt his heart break at the sight of his little girl so upset. He never intended to scare her at all, especially not this badly, he just wanted to take her to Loo Loo Land because he knew she loved it there.

Stolas, with Octavia in his arms, walked out of her room and down the hallway. He was a little too tired to do anything that involved magic, so he would carry her around the house and calm her down that way. He knew that if he was moving, it would tire her out.

Stolas made his way into the kitchen. The window curtains were halfway open, so you could see the night sky. Octavia looked out the window, curious. He smiled and whiped her teary eyes as he hugged her close. "I'm sorry I scared you, I just wanted you to have some fun," Stolas whispered as he walked into the living room. Octavia shook her head, "You didn't scare me, the clown did!" Stolas chuckled, "yes but I took you to see that clown," he explained to her. She was still a little scared, but she was also getting a little tired. She rested her head on her father's chest.

Stolas smiled as he quietly walked back to her room and gentle put her back into her bed. With a smile, he pulled her blanket over her and kissed her forehead as he walked out. Before he closed the door, he looked back at her. She had gone back to sleep, curled up under her blanket. She looked so peaceful. Stolas, with small but happy tears, closed the door and made it back to his room.