Chapter 26

TW: Daggers, blood, drinking

(Circe's pov)

Friday morning I couldn't sleep so I went to the astronomy tower at 3 in the morning. I had been there for about 30 minutes when I heard someone behind me. I turned to face a boy who I didn't recognize, he disarmed me and pushed me into the wall. I reached out to get my wand back but he pointed a dagger at my neck "Do anything and I will hurt you"

"Hands off her, you don't get to touch her" A feminine voice called out. He took his hands off me to reveal a girl who was probably in her 7th year. She had beautiful hair and wore all black then some green accents and heeled boots. "Pleasure to met you miss Riddle"

"What do you want?" I asked her. She walked over to me and put something around my wrist.

"You, your brothers mainly" She grabbed my wrist and then everything went black.

I woke up in a room that reminded me of the room I stayed in when Dominique took me. I stood up and tried to open the door. I couldn't find my wand or my dagger, then I remembered my dagger was still in my dorm room. I tried to open the door without a wand but nothing worked. "Your powers are useless here, as long as you have that bracelet on"

"What are you going to do, what do you want?"

"I want to see you, and your brothers suffer" She whispered in my ear

"What did we ever do?" I asked

"You didn't do anything, but your father and oldest brother killed my family, so you all will pay for it. You will suffer until your brothers arrive then from there who knows what's going to happen" She shrugged "So get comfortable" She waved her wand and I felt pain all over, just like before, just like with Dominique. Only this was worse, way worse. I fell to the ground, biting my lip and covering my mouth to stop from screaming. I could taste my blood from my now bleeding lip. She left me in pain and I could feel Thomas's mind, thinking of me, checking on me. Circe? Are you ok? He asked. I looked down at my body and it was covered in blood somehow, I fainted before I could reply.

(Thomas's pov)

Circe was in trouble, she was in pain. I got a letter from an unknown person telling me where she was and to come with Mattheo and no one else. I went down to the common room to get him and explain everything. He was mad at me but came along to save Circe.

We arrived at the place and got greeted by a girl who I recognized from a couple of my classes. She disappeared then a second later she was behind me, she put something around my wrist then went to do the same to Mattheo but he punched her "Don't you dare touch me, and show us were she is"

"Fine, follow me" She turned and we followed her down the hallways until we reached a door and she stopped and pointed at it. A man opened the door and I saw Circe on the floor, covered in blood. I went in after Mattheo and she closed the door behind me but I could care less. Circe had passed out and she woke up when Mattheo started shaking her. She opened her eyes and looked at us, then she looked at herself and gagged.

"Don't look at the blood" Mattheo moved her head so she was looking away "Look at anything else" He started healing all the cuts and helped clean up all the blood. We were soon done and I went to a wardrobe in the corner and found her clean clothes. We looked away as she changed, then we looked back at her "Are you ok now?" Mattheo asked. She hugged him and started crying into his shoulder, Mattheo hugged her back and they sat on the bed. Circe fell asleep crying, an arm still around Mattheo. Mattheo stared at the ceiling then pried himself away from her and walked over to me then sat down next to me and leaned against the wall. Just then the girl came back into our room. She looked over at Circe, asleep and smiled at her then looked back over to us.

"I will let her go with one of you but one of you needs to stay behind"

"I will stay behind" I stated "I'm the oldest"

"Fine," Mattheo replied

"You two may go, you can apparate when you step outside the room" Mattheo grabbed Circe and left and the door shut behind them.

"Now that we are alone, I have a question for you. Do you remember what you did to me?"

"My father forced me to kill your family, yes, I remember"

"Good" She replied then waved her wand at me and my whole body started hurting.

(Mattheo's pov)

I set Circe down on her bed in our dorm then went to the bathroom and took a shower to have time to clear my thoughts. When I got out Circe was still sleeping. I went over to my bed and got in then went to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning Circe wasn't in bed. I checked in her dorm and the Great Hall but she wasn't there. I went to the astronomy tower and found her drinking, I rolled my eyes and went over to her. I took the bottle out of her hand and sat down next to her. "What's up?" I asked

"The sky" She replied without any emotion, she rested her head on my shoulder and sighed.

"What's wrong" I clarified

"Is there any way you can take this off?" She asked, holding up her hand with the bracelet that looked like the one Thomas got "I can't take it off" I took it off and handed it back to her "Keep it" she held the bracelet out for me "If I ever lose control, it takes my powers away" I grabbed it slowly. With her other hand she was twirling her wand.

"Did they take it from you?" I asked "I didn't see you with it yesterday"

"I found it on the tower"

Suddenly Thomas appeared in front of us and then he fell to the ground. 

1072 words